Masochist map reset

Hey,

I’ve been playing masochist lately and I’ve some things to suggest about the mode. After you die, which is not that scarce, you respawn at the checkpoint wherever it is and continue on fighting the fight you lost before.

For me, masochist is relearning how the game plays out. Most mobs in non-masochist mode are mostly one-shotted (up to like monolith higher levels, with proper build, of course). Masochist teaches you mob mechanic and punishes you for not dodging it in a certain way or another. However, with no death penalty, it can be avoided by just throwing yourself in there, casting repeatable spell until you die. Cast, die, respawn.

What I thought about, is one tweak to make masochist mode require some challenge if you actually want to make it through. Either make enemies full health after player dies or reset the map completely (without loot in it). It would make players learn different patterns and value defensives more in this mode rather than building full damage and “hope I live long enough”.

I’d love to hear your opinions about it. Death penalty is what I’m missing in this game, other than just inconvenience of running back where you died.

Wish you all the best,
Nolfin

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.