MacBook Pro 16" Graphical Issue

Im running Last Epoch on MacBook Pro 16", and my screen gets blurred with colors and other stuff which usually happens when your card is damaged. Game works normally if it is windowed (not fake fullscreen) or if I use something which involves popping Mac interface on screen, like volume/brightness change or entering screen mode - that makes game look as it should, until interface fades away, and everything changes back. Such thing never happens in other games or applications.

MacBook Pro.zip (307.6 KB)

Bump? I also sent a message to support team about it, but received no answer, as well, as it was in Discord :unamused:

Same here. MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017), with Radeon Pro 560 4 GB.

Oh… and also I am playing at catalina, maybe this is an issue?

bump, Is there chance for fix?

Dunno, I’ve got no answer about that from anyone, including support site and discord

I just purchased the game and ran into this issue immediately on a 2019 16" MacBook Pro.

Here’s a picture of what I usually see when I log in (I had to take a photo because if you take a screenshot the graphics briefly return to normal, as OP mentioned).

Thankfully, with a bit of googling, I was able to find a workaround that so far holds up for me. Find the executable file, right click it, select “get info” and then near the bottom there should be an option called “Open in Low Resolution.” I probably would have had to get a refund if this didn’t work!

That same googling revealed that a bunch of other games have run into this issue with Catalina. A few of those devs posted info about the fix in their patch notes. For example, a Jan 23rd update for Klei’s “Oxygen Not Included” included this in the patch notes after several players complained about the same thing:

" * MacOS builds now automatically choose between Metal and OpenGL graphics, this should prevent the fullscreen glitches on Catalina"

I’m not enough of a tech person to know that means anything in this context, but I hope that it can put Eleventh Hour on the scent for a fix!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.