Lost My Entire Stash

I logged in today to play my usual characters but found my entire stash gone. This includes many purchased Tabs with items inside. All my crafting materials and most of shards were also gone.
Strangely, only one unique item The Slab remained. Also what remained were a few starter tabs that you get when starting the game for the first time.
It is like the game reverted itself to some initial state and all my collected gear and tabs disappeared.
Is this fixable?

Hi there meridian, sorry to hear that happened. It’s unlikely that we can fix it. I suspect that the save files may have gotten deleted and it’s gone back to the old system in the registry which is why almost everything is gone except a very old unique item. I’m assuming that the shards which remained are all older ones too.

There are a couple possibilities that we might be able to use to recover it. First up, if you have linked your steam account, the cloud save may have kept a copy online.

We also keep a backup version in the save folder that you might get lucky with too.

In C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves you’ll find Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta and Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp. If the temp version is quite a bigger than the non-temp version, you can rename the non-temp version to Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta.bak and then rename the temp version to Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta. This will restore the last version of your stash/crafting data.

It’s very odd that just the stash got removed and your characters are untouched. I’m not really sure how it happened. If you know some specific things that were in there that you really want back, I might be able to see what I can do…

When we do move to an online model, saves will be much easier for us to manage and recover as we will have backups on backups.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.