Lost lv 71 Sorc after crash

Game crashed while I was loading up. Rebooted and when I logged back into game my lv 71 Sorc and all associated items, stashes etc have vanished. Is there any way to restore? So much time invested which appears to be gone now :frowning:

Happened the same to me (twice), I managed to solve like this:
Exit the game, then start by looking into the saved game folder, it should be on (windows):
C:\Users[YOUR_USER]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch\Saves
there I found 2 files for each character for me it was:
1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_1
1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_1_temp
1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_2
1CHARACTERSLOT_BETA_2_temp
and also 2 more entries, I assume is for the global stash
Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta
Epoch_Local_Global_Data_Beta_temp

the _temp ones had data in it, the other ones were empty (size was bigger 15k vs 1K), so I deleted the “empty” ones and renamed the _temp files by removing the _temp at the end, then started the game and my character were there, and also the stuff I left at the town stash, progress was not exactly the same: only missing a waypoint activation whey my PC crashed, but that was good enough for me.

I only had 2 characters your files may be different, the problem happened to me twice one with each character before solving it, at the end I recovered both my “lost” characters this way but only recovered the last global stash, the most recently played one.

Hope it works for you too, good luck

2 Likes

Vaalegk, thank you very much, you are a life saver.

This sounds encouraging. Looking forward to giving it a shot after work. On another note, did your computer suddenly kick in to overdrive right before your crash and character loss? Ive never heard my machine make that much noise, want to try to avoid that recurring and potentially damaging anything-

@brettchesney
Well, when it crashed the air coming from the top exhaust vents on my case felt kinda hot (more than usual) both times, it simply crashed no BSOD, nothing, just rebooted the first time, the second just frozen, had to do a hard reset. I’m now monitoring cpu and gpu temps when I play LO, to me it sounds as temp related somehow, I’m keeping my play sessions short (2h max) just to be on the safe side while I discover what can be wrong with my PC.

@Fortinerooo
Did it work for you? If it did, glad the information helped you too

@vaalegk yes it did work for one of them, the lvl 30, the one I wanted, the other one wasn’t there. Thanks again.

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released 0.7.8d, which should automatically fix this issue in the future. If you’re still having trouble, contact support with a description of the problem and a .zip of your Saves folder, which is located in the same place as your log file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.