Lost Character/power outage

I just leveled a masochist lich to lvl 25 and had quite a few items on the character. i just had a power loss at my house while playing power came back up i logged in and my character is missing

Hello,

I’m very sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately, in cases where the game client crashes or the system shuts down abnormally, it is possible for this to occur during the save process, which can result in characters being lost.

This seems like an extreme issue considering the saved data is on your servers. fortunately i love playing last epoch but this response is fairly unacceptable. i have not had an issue like this with character save data being on host server being lost due to a crash/unexpected shutdown going back to diablo 2 and that is a 25 year old game

It is more than 1 week i let my last message. I losted my 2 higher chatacter (lvl 79 and 66). Still no answer since more a week. Same, i love your game, i love your work but if there a thing that can’t be accept that is loosing near 100 hours playing in a patch…I know we are anticipated acces and that’s why i’m not complaining every day but i’m a little worried anout what will hapen. Because if it is just nothing that’s mean i’ll have to wait realease to play again…

This seems to be one of the worst responses i have herd in over 22 years of gaming. Is that seriously how this game works you lose power you have possibility to lose your character? @eleventh hour games

It’s not, the save data is in the save subdirectory of the same place as the log files your your pc:

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/39-the-games-log-file

As far as I understand it, if the power dies while the game is saving your character then the file can become corrupt, though I thought EHG changed how saving the files worked in 0.7.8 to help prevent this. In addition to implementing support for Steam Cloud saves in a previous patch.

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released 0.7.8d, which should automatically fix this issue for anyone that encountered it on version 0.7.8 or newer. Unfortunately, it will not help anyone who had problems on 0.7.7.

If you lost data during 0.7.8, please contact support with a .zip of your Saves folder, which is located in the same place as your log file.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.