Losing echos

This i do not have at 100% on this char Lev 86 Void sorcerer, i do have it on my Necro so i know how that works (Unity - d3;)

As i’m currently not ingame i can’t remember their name, some pestilence spewing fly and some holy fire from the skies firing mob. (hard to see that one is standing in that with fire ward up btw…

Random quote here, i just wanted to rage vent, but, nooo, you had to make me type a wall and actually think this over in a proper manner, no fun you… :smiley:

2 Likes

I’d prefer to get multiple attempts on Quest Echo bosses, even if it means they are harder, as long as the fight starts completely over, so you still have to complete it start to finish in one “life”.

It’s a bit frustrating to get a boss, not know exactly what you are in for because you’ve not done it before and die to something, and then have to work your way back up to even fighting it. The dying part itself is fine assuming the mechanic can be learned and dodged/geared for, but simply dying once and having to grind back to it feels lame.

If, say, you aren’t able to finish it after 4-5 runs, I can see losing a couple of echos is probably fair. Once the game can also be played online, this can also help to alleviate concerns about lag/latency deaths a bit.

2 Likes

If you die on boss, in my opinion, you should be guaranteed to have another shot at it in 4 echoes.
There is nothing more frustating than dieing to a boss you try for the time, losing 4 echoes and having to run 10 echoes to have another shot at it, making it even buffier because you had only bad mods in those 10 echoes and/or (if you are like me) tried to gamble the boss fight every single echo and only end with uber hard mod.

If you die in the middle of the mono run I don’t mind such a mechanism but for boss death that second try should be at least garanteed, maybe only once I don’t know.

So not having 100% GB can lead to spikey damage and unexpected one-shots, you should fix that. Next step is reaching 100% Crit Avoidance, since it also loweres they spikyness of incoming damage and as soon as you have 100% you can freely take any crit modifier in MoF without significant disadvantage.

I am pretty sure that the Flies and Bettle thigns that spit don’t hit you across the whole screen. Their basic attack is indeed dangerous if they are ignored, but usually they need to come very close.

I think you are refering to the Lightmage’s Meteor Skill, which is indeed very dangerous and they tend to use that across the whole screen, BUT for this mechanics you don’t even need to see the mob casting it or from which “direction” the mob is coming. So while this can be annoying to deal with, when there are mobs you havn’t spotted yet, you are still able to avoid them. I think their effect on the ground is pretty clear and is not outshined by other effects.

That’s ok, i mean you did not insult anyone or spread toxicity. Having moments of great frustration sometimes is part of the experience. You might learn from some stuff and try to make it better or if there is something you really want to talk about you can come here to the forum and have a healthy discussion with other people.

There are lots of people here on the forum that really want to help other people struggeling with certain things or not fully understanding everything.

He’s German, he can’t help it.

1 Like

Jawohl!

I should probably have an emotional response to that, but I’m British & I’ll have a cup of tea instead.

1 Like

Cliché fulfilled!

1 Like

105% glancing now, if this doesn’t improve stuff i’ll get the longboat out and start throwing pebbles at everyone i meet…

Well that’s already an improvement. If you keep struggeling versus specific mobs, feel free to make a new thread with some more specific outliens of your stats/build. Maybe we can help you succeed.

Tbh i think that we should not be reliant on glancing blow to be able to play the game, it seems weird and silly imo. That said, this character is in it’s own way a typical glass-cannon build. But i guess all is possible if we farm enough, i lost 1/3 of my damage getting this stat change. Need further testing.

LE is just balanced around getting the 100% GB, very similar to PoE or Grim Dawn requiring you to max out all types of resistances. That’s called gear affix taxes.

Defense is king in LE, not just GB.

Main Damage comes from good synergies and skill spec trees. All the damage on gear is mostly luxury and for the end-endgame min-maxing.

But as i stated previously, just test things out now and if you have any more problem feel free to make a new thread and ask again, maybe we can find a way to bring up your damage again, if you find that lacking now.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, rant is over and i’m moving onwards with new stats, just have to adapt again.

2 Likes

I really hope they don’t change it. I think the balance is right for a death penalty.
Just want to compare to PoE Sirus boss. He is a massive grind to get to. And for new players they most likely won’t kill him first go, or second. Which means they have a huge grind to do again.
At least with MoF the quest chance has a stacking % chance to appear. Almost giving us a loaded die. I like the fact the game makes you think about your build and how to improve skill as a player to dodge high damaging abilities.

Afaik in PoE you get several attempts to beat the boss, not only one.

Learning boss mechanics is fine, when you have the opportunity to do so. If you have to grind your way back, people lose their incentive to beat that boss.

Once you get the pattern you can beat every boss, regardless of your gear.

The problem that I see is

1. Bossfights trivialise your gear progression because the attacks hit so hard that it doesn’t matter if you have 1800 eHp or 500. Avoidance is key. Now it’s always the players fault, if he dies.
  2. If you manage to learn the pattern, the bossfights are easy. Some people start beating bosses naked with no points in their skilltrees. This is possible because of 1.
  3. The only method to make it not too easy for the player is by slowing his ability to learn the patterns by restricting consecutive attempts.

After weeks have passed and people defend “skillful” boss mechanics, I still want gear check mechanics.

Instead of having all these oneshot mechanics I want a more consistent damage output of bosses that can be countered by a combination of skill and gear. Not every attack has to be 100% avoidable and 100% lethal. There should be also attacks that defenitely cannot be avoided and need a certain defense rating, to prevent the naked kills.

I’d bet money, all the 24/7 players get bored by this mechanics very fast, because they already know the boss mechanics and patterns and can do bosses blindfolded without gear. Don’t know if this attempt adds a lot if longevity to the game.

It’s more an artificial roadblock to slow player progress for first timers. Too much frustration potential for my taste.

3 Likes

Quick update as it will be the last, since yesterday i have refarmed to get to the boss in echos for hours. I have grown tired of the farming and i do no longer enjoy this game. I play games because it’s supposed to be fun and entertaining, and, this game doesn’t do that for me at all. I have tried my last early access game as i have no more reason to believe that any of the developer will come close to what blizzard north once achieved. Game uninstalled, i wish you all the best in your gaming.
Jh signing out

Sad to see you go. It’s exactly what an early access is for though. Trying to figure out stuff, and getting feedback from it.
I’d suggest you give this game another chance once it’s ready for release. I doubt they’ll let the monolith in this state, and there will be other endgame options anyway.

I really hope the devs read this post. Grinding is not fun, and not entertaining for a lot of people. For those that do enjoy it, they lose nothing if the game is tuned around casual players. Just add a checkbox for those who want a death penalty. It is so simple.

And then there is this thread…

… in which over a hundred players have commented about how much they are enjoying the game.

A lot of suggestions are currently going on now concerning the boss and/or one-shot mechanics.

So they most definitely should read this particular player’s post,. But I hoped they read ALL of the posts about feedback on the forum and weigh them accordingly because, in game design I’m fairly confident that it really isn’t “that simple” to balance and tune a game.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.