0.7.8 Llama's (wave 280+) Forge Guard Void Shield Throw build that will kill your FPS as fast as it kills mobs

Well, my playstyle involves facetanking, feels a lot better than kiting in my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:
When all the mobs are on you and that 5 rares Mars Beetles are attacking you at the same time and you stand your ground, taking 0 damage, meanwhile they all get destroyed by void hammers… Feels pretty good tbh :smiley:

I find it better for me to put in exclusive full screen and put shadow and all that crap on low, so far my fps with this build is around 60, here and there it falls down to 25/30… try it and post results. Awesome build btw!

Yeah, groups are easy to face tank, it’s just certain champions that either do very big hits or put down DoTs (like the beetle queens & the Oasian Gorn) that you need to kite.

I’ve tried with high gfx settings & low gfx settings & I still get very low fps on large groups, I don’t think it’s a graphical issue, but a calculation issue where there’s just so many calcs being performed that it causes lag.

1 Like

Hey what do you think about 3 set items for this build:

Yeah, they all look good, assuming you can get your Glancing Blow & Crit Avoidance up to 100% & a good amount of block.

1 Like

Any update for 0.7.8?

Yeah, I should/will get on to that.

Finally updated it to 0.7.8 with the passive trees.

hey man not sure if im missing something but the lunge skill tree seems to differ from that is live in game do you have any updates on this

Ah yes, I forgot to update that, I’ll have a look at it tomorrow.

1 Like

Walking through passives is a nice touch. Terrific guide. Unfortunately, I dislike 1 fps gameplay.

Now updated with a new Lunge tree.

Thank you for this great guide! Unfortunately the link you provided for the gear doesn’t appear to be working. Is there any way you can create a new link, or give a description of your stuff?

In what way isn’t it working? The link I gave (lastepochtools.com) was only to give you a link to an excellent site that will give you all of the affixes & bases.

I certainly took some liberties with your detailed gear section and made this gear plan. I kind of implemented a similar gear outfit to what Boardman21 does with some of his Sentinel’s (which includes quite a few very rare affix shards).

I’m sure you could fix it up to more represent your vision. :grin:

Fun build. It looks like Void Bolts in the Void tree double dips? Shield Throw’s Eruption says it benefits from Spell Damage and of course Shield Throw itself now deals Void Throwing damage, so it looks like you’re benefiting from both of the added Void damage.

For now I put 2/5 into Temporal Corruption and 2/8 into Void Bolts to get to Orb.

Yeah, Void Bolts is good as it buffs the hit damage from Shield Throw (throwing attack), Eruption (spell, proc’d by hits from Shield Throw) & Devouring Orb (spell). Unfortunately neither Void Bolts nor the melee equivalent buffs Future Strike.

Had a quick monolith this morning & definitely need to tweak the build a bit, Devouring Orb was casting a lot more (I had ~7-8 up most of the time) & running into mana issues from the additional mana cost of Smite’s Fissure (since that doesn’t proc future strikes, maybe it’s worth speccing out of it to something else), so I need to either get more mana regen, lower Devouring Orb’s cost more (shift points in Orb Master over to Fleeting Orb would both reduce the cost & have it cast less frequently so much less mana spent) &/or spec out of Fissure.

Ok, so I’ve had a look at my gear in the gear planner & it’s not great, so lets have a talk about gear…

Helm

Bases - my preference (in order) would probably be:

• Winged Helm (crit chance avoidance implicit)
  • Shadow Helm (increased void damage implicit)
  • Dawn Helm (lots of armour)

Prefixes
Set glancing blow
Attunement/Vit/Mana
Not much choice for prefixes, so you might as well stick a set glancing blow here & then something like Attunement (damage buff for everything except Shield Throw & it’s Future Strikes)

Suffixes
A lot more choice here:
Crit Strike Avoidance
Increased Void Damage & added Void damage (very rare), “of Infinity”, the % would buff all of your damage and the flat added damage would buff your Eruptions, Smites & Fissure
Void/Necrotic/Poison damage taken as Physical (very rare) “of the Singularity”, “of Purity” & “of Cleansing”, probably nice if you can get them since they’ll give you 18%-30% of the relevant element as physical (since we have a lot of armour, this is a good thing).
Mana, Increased Shield Throw Crit Strike, or any other defensive affixes to round out your protections

Amulet

Bases:

• Oracle Amulet (6%-20% less damage over time taken) is probably the best, but drops at lvl 76
  • Jade Amulet (increased throwing attack speed)
  • Silver Amulet (increased crit chance)

Prefixes
Void Damage
Honourable mentions for set glancing blow, necrotic/void/poison protection, increased crit chance, depending on what your other gear has.
The “Throwing Damage & Fire vulnerability” (Cursed) affix seems like a nice idea, until you die to a fire hit & start wondering whether you would have survived it if you didn’t take that affix…

Suffixes
I went with poison protection & health, though added mana, elemental protection is probably not a bad idea.

Main Hand weapon

Bases:
Personally I went with a sceptre since it gives adaptive spell damage (buffs your Eruption & Devouring Orb explosions) and spell cost reduction. Wands are an option but don’t have the spell cost reduction which is nice.

Prefixes
Void damage
Crit chance
These are the only prefixes that will benefit you, so a bit of a no-brainer

Suffixes
Anything defensive would be good here:
Necrotic/Void/Poison protection, added mana, chance to blind on hit

Shield

Bases:
Either Solarium Shield (more block chance, my preference) or Kite Shield (more block efficiency for when you do block)

Prefixes
Block Chance (obviously)
Then either set glancing blow, Armour (%, so, nice), Block Effectiveness, Throwing Attack Damage. I’d probably avoid Health on Block since you get a lot from Regenerator.

Suffixes
Damage Taken on Block (% damage reduction, but it’s multiplicative with any other source such as the Forge Guard’s mastery bonus)
Armour & Protectins (flat, but adds to everything), increased health, a specific protection (void/poison/etc). You probably won’t need glancing blow, but you could take a suffix glancing blow if you really need it (but it won’t benefit from all of the prefixes).

Body Armour

Bases:
Solarium Plate (crit strike avoidance)
Bronze Cuirass (crit strike)
Shadow Plate (void damage)
Dawn Plate (flat armour)

Prefixes
Nothing that really jumps out as must have, so Attunement/Strength/Vitality. I’d avoid “damage dealt to Mana before Health” though, it does weird things.

Suffixes
A lot of choice here, especially if you have some of the rarer affixes. You could stick another one of the very rare “Void/Poison/Necrotic taken as physical” affixes here, or some more generic protections & health.

Rings

Bases:
Ruby (health & stun avoidance)
Gold (% elemental protection)
Sapphire (mana)

Prefixes
Throwing Attack damage & mana cost reduction is a must have, but you only need 1
Avoid the flat added fire damage & increased fire damage taken affix for the reason stated above.
Apart from that, lots to choose from - increased crit chance, throwing attack speed (more shields, more damage, more health on hit!), void damage, set glancing blow (shouldn’t need it, but it’s an option), any of the other set affixes (but not set dodge, since dodge is anti-thetical to block), attunement/vitality/strength

Suffixes
Crit Strike Avoidance, void/necrotic/poison protections, even, mana regen, health or health regen

Belt

Any belt really, but
Ranger’s Belt (5 potion slots)
Noble Sash (mana & 3 potion slots)

Prefixes
Set Glancing Blow, since there’s not many interesting prefixes, might as well stick one here & get it up to t5, since you could not have a second prefix if you want.
If you do want a second prefix, extra potion slot is probably the best

Suffixes
Any of the usual defensive affixes, crit strike avoidance, poison protection, etc, even elemental protection.

Gloves

Bases:
Solarium Bracers (crit strike)
Noble Gloves (cast speed, so you spend less time being interrupted by Devouring Orb)
Lagonian Gauntless (flat ele protection)

Prefixes
Throwing Attack speed
Set Glancing Blow (if you need it), Attunement/Vit/Strength

Suffixes
The usual defences, or mana regen (rare)

Boots

The best movement speed boots you can get, so, Solarium Greaves or Heoborean Boots

Prefixes
Set Glancing Blow
Attunement/Strength/Vitality

Suffixes
Movement speed
Any of the usual defences

Relic

Bases:
Nothing really jumps out, so anything really, I went for a Stained Tome (+1-2 vit)

Prefixes
Decent amount of choice here, so any of the usual depending on what you’ve got elsewhere.
Set Glancing Blow, Throwing Attack Damage, Crit Strike, Attunement/Strength/Vitality, Void damage

Suffixes
Any of the usual defences, Necrotic/Void/Poison/Ele protection, Mana or Mana regen

Glancing blow slots:
That’s a lot of flexibility there, but since you only need 4x t5 set glancing blow or 5x t4s, I’d probably go with Belt, Relic, Boots, Helm & maybe Gloves.

Critical Strike Avoidance:
If you can get a helmet and body armour with crit strike avoidance as an implicit, you’ll only need an additional 70% from affixes even with minimum rolls, that’s 4 minimum rolled t4 affixes or 2 max rolled t5 affixes (or, heaven forbid, 1 & a bit t7 max rolled affix).
I’d probably put them on a Belt, a Ring, Boots & the Helm (though the uber-rare “damage taken as physical” would be much better placed on the helm).