Linux Launcher - libssl/libcrypto and connection error

Hi,
I’m trying to get the Beta version running, but so far with no luck.
I’m on Fedora (28 and 30, tried on both).

Aside me not having the empty my-steam-key page (sent email to support already).
I’m also trying to get the standalone client working.
First, that fails on requiring “old” OPENSSL_1.0.0 lib
(as already mentioned in previously report forum posts)
workarounding that as suggested gets me one step forward:

cd somewhere/LastEpochBeta/
./Launcher
#   ./Launcher: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mkdir ubussl; cd ubussl
curl "http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/o/openssl1.0/libssl1.0.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu6.2_amd64.deb" -O
ar x libssl1.0.0_1.0.2n-1ubuntu6.2_amd64.deb
tar xf data.tar.xz
mv usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib* ../
cd ..
rm -rf ubussl
# now start launcher again
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. ./Launcher

It then starts the patcher/launcher, but that fails with “Please check Your internet connection” red error message.
Clicking retry seems to hide the message, show 0.0% and then does nothing at all?
Cancel not working either, error not appearing again after a while … just sitting stuck at 0.0%.
(Btw patch notes box is empty, so failed to fetch content too?)

Making me wonder, if there is some connection/content issues (since all the tech issues yesterday),
or maybe it’s that libssl is not good, compatible enough and breaks the requests then?

launcher-log.txt (5.2 KB)
Launcher-stdouterr.log (5.8 KB)
Player.log (31.4 KB)

When attempting to get strace, i’ve realized that the patcher/launcher seems to have same Connection issue regardless to the libssl/crypto override.

It can be run even without LD_LIBRARY_PATH overrides, strace does not show it loading libcrypto/ssl (only the first stage launcher has that issue, not the patcher/LastEpochLauncher.x86_64).
With or without override it seems to end up on same conn issue.

What i’ve noticed in strace is issue with trying to read ssl CA certificate bundle (likely different location expected in different distribution?)

31367 getsockopt(48, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR, [0], [4]) = 0                                  
31367 getpeername(48, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(443), sin_addr=inet_addr("13.32.28.26")}, [128->16]) = 0
31367 getsockname(48, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(51078), sin_addr=inet_addr("192.168.100.12")}, [128->16]) = 0
31367 openat(AT_FDCWD, "/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
31367 close(48)                         = 0                                               

In my case there is /etc/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt and ca-bundle.trust.crt.

ln -snf /etc/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt  # as root

seems FIXED the patcher/launcher, now able to connect …
now it’s “Downloading package…” - so success, but at 100-300KB/sec only (1-2days est?) ouch (expected to do 40-50Mbps in my case), seems i’ll have to wait for steam access anyway.

Btw, it seems that hyperlinks for downloading launcher disappeared from https://lastepochgame.com/my-account/ ?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.