Lighting Blast Channeling - Fatal crash to desktop "Unexpected Mark Stack Overflow"

Hi there. I have submitted a number of crash bugs on the above issue. This nasty bug is rendering the game very unstable for me and it seems to be quite random

My principal damage spell is ‘lightning blast’ channeling, forking and fast casting. On using this spell I can get a Unexpected Mark Stack Overflow fatal crash to desktop every 10 - 30 mins.

This crash has only started to appear after the patch which revamped the Lightning Blast tree, in the year or so playing the game, I don’t recall a single crash. Finally, I tried playing without the channel node to see if it was that, sadly the crash still happened.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Apologies for this issue! We’re looking into the cause of this. Have you uploaded a log file after this crash occurs? I don’t see any other posts under your account.

0.7.7 includes many technical changes, so I don’t think this is directly related to Lightning Blast. However, I would be very interested in knowing if the issue occurs for you on characters that are not using Lightning Blast.

Thanks for the report.

Hi there,
Yes two posts were sent from your website on the ‘if you would prefer, contact us directly’. One of which Kyle from EHG responded by email (Sun Mar 29th at noon). I have uploaded two crash log files via email to EHG.

Of note, I have only experienced the crash with characters channeling lightning blast. I have not experienced it with the same skill using the lightning to ice damage node. That character is currently level 16 with 0 crashes.

Happens on Druid and Shaman too. Attached is my log that included both the stack overflow crash and UI flickering i have mentioned elsewhere. Stack Overflow Crash and Flickering.zip (19.8 KB)

I have completed the campaign fully with a new character with exactly the same build as the one reporting the crash, with the only difference being I opted for less bounce on the lightning chain and chose ‘Ice Damage’ node so all lightning is ice damage. Not a single crash with this character. Is there something afoot with shock calculation maybe to cause the stack overflow?

This time it happened in a load screen. attached is the player file. Skill screenshot to be included in next comment 04.02.2020 Stack Overflow Player.zip (31.2 KB)

Attached is Skill screenshot04.02.2020 Skill Screenshot.zip (806.7 KB)

My game is also crashing every 10 mins…my main skill is lightning blast. It is annoying as I am doing Arenas/Monoliths… ends up losing all stacks.

Same problem here. No crashes before but since I started playing sorcerer and using lightning blast I have same crashes. Although it started I think after I picked the fork node in the tree.Player.log (47.2 KB)

Same problem here. No crashes before but since I started playing sorcerer and using lightning blast I have same crashes. Probably when i use the teleport and the lightning blast Quickly the Game chrashes instantly.

Just want to confirm I’ve played on multiple different builds, this is my first character using lightning blast and I just got this stack overflow while using it. Very low level lightning blast too, just 2 points in additional chaining if recent cast and 3 points in shock chance.

Here to report same problem with lightning blast, no channelling node, just the many chains and chance to double cast. The crash never occur during casting or playing, only when I teleport to new areas during loading screens. Not in every zone, but after few times, like go to zonrpe one … two and three, crash at four, then relog, play through three agin and move to four, no crash. Then it crash at five, or six… etc

Same issue here. And like the most recent person, this occurred when I was attempting to use the Town Portal. Also using Lightning Blast with Chain node, not channeling.

Hi to the game developer and support .
I don’t know if this is the right channel but i want to report a bug that has been recurring as i see to some players and now to me too, and it’s this unexpected mark overflow after using lightning ability with the mage character. yes i’ve been reading some problems with this and yes it’s happening so it must certainly be a game bug , I would like sincerely a solution to this problem because honestly this is a good game and i like it and also think it has a great potential , I haven’t experienced this problem with other characters . greetings

Happend to me today as well, i had stopped playing and wanted to give it a try again only to have the game crash after ½hour or so. I was playing a lightning mage as well.

I’ve been getting this same error multiple times since I started playing a lightning mage. I’ll be blasting mobs with chain lightning and then have this error pop up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.