Last Traveler Podcast - Episode 12 | @Boardman21 - Resistances, Legendaries, Builds .7.10

Here is episode 12 of The Last Traveler Podcast featuring Boardman21 returning as our guest! We talk about the Resistances, Itemization,Legendaries and Progression. I would love to hear your thoughts. Come chill and join the conversation!

3 Likes

I really enjoyed this chat, mainly because it touched on some of what I think are the biggest issues in LE atm - i.e. incentives for the long grind for hardcore players. Some random reactions to what Iā€™ve heard:

• Haven put in as many hours as you guys. But in my limited playthrough I feel similar issues mainly that the chase is still lacking in LE.
  • I am glad Rimed says he doesnt like infinite-scaling systems. Generally, I dont like it too mainly because infinite-scaling systems wrap the meta around the OP build of the patch. You need varying levels of end-game systems to challenge builds at different level of build progressions but you want to cap the difficulties of your system at some point because otherwise, build variety is going to suffer because no devs can make all skills equally viable for all the infinite-scaling systems at the same time.
  • The last idea that Rimed and Boardman discussed on permanent modifier stacking monolith sounds like an infinite scaling system. So that seems bad imo?
  • I agree gears need better chase. I also agree monolith need better reward structure for the chase. I like the ideas discussed and hereā€™s a variant thrown around: I would like to see more interesting affix for gears (in the vein of those interesting sentinel idol affixes, or in POE terms, Iā€™ll like to see affixes similar to conqueror mods) and one idea is that these affixes may be drop only by monolith bosses and each boss have a certain pool of these affixes that they can potentially drop. We may then wish to farm specific monolith bosses to get a chance at getting specific interesting affix to craft our gears with.
3 Likes

I believe or at least my view on this, was that if modifiers dont fall off (no longer just last 4-7 maps) it would be less infinitely scaling as your more likely to die sooner, but quest would also repeat, once you beat the boss the mono keeps going and the boss fight can pop up again after say a minimum 3 more maps and will be a much harder fight. Yes its still ā€œinfinitely scalingā€ but your more likely to die sooner than it is now, i currently have almost 300 streak going on my paladin.

1 Like

Yeah this is essentially it. @Jerle you can suto cap it in scaling that way it can be balanced for more builds. But you can still grow in power and continue to get better items and complete harder fights but it isnā€™t scaling how arena only a couple builds can do the best and then the rest are super behind.

Just starting the video. But the game will need vastly increased itemization.

Rimed:
ā€œI donā€™t min-maxā€¦ā€

takes 12 gauge and point blanks the tv

1 Like

Though I personally do not min max really, I do know what it takes to get there and such. I do on a couple character but not on all my characters lol. xD

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.