Last Epoch - Positive Review!

Introduction

Before expressing my opinion, I would like you to know that I have a wealth of experience and thousands of hours spent playing Hack ‘n’ Slash, ARPG, and MMORPG games. I have spent time in any games, both well-known and unfamiliar, developed by huge companies and small ones. I have always been driven by enormous nostalgia and love for these games, of course, some of them failed in this endeavor for a number of reasons, but overall the main failures are due to misunderstanding and disrespect for the audience and greed, greed has ruined huge names in the industry and unfortunately still does.

Basic Overview

And now it’s LastEpoch’s turn. I had heard about the game itself and knew it had been around for a while, but for a number of reasons, I decided to give it a chance now.

Visually the game looks modern and beautifully made, the effects of skills, monsters, and background are also very good from the visual design talent is not saved. All the basic mechanics of this genre have been adhered to, and in some respects, there are even innovations that I think are fundamental to this game and will leave such a deep mark that they will be adapted in other similar games.

This introduction I am talking about is an (alt, ctrl + alt) system, it is so elemental but also unique at the same time, I have seen similar systems in other games where it is super sluggish and not so clean, but here the developers hit the top ten!

Community

One of the first things that impressed me was the community in this game. People are super friendly, positive-minded and willing to help, non-annoying and non-toxic that sometimes I wonder how that is possible.

Judging by the reviews in Stеаm, they are by no means a unit of measure. I guess that’s why the small number of players and unpopularity have contributed (don’t get me wrong, I think the game has quite a large audience, it’s just not as big as it should be).

In the future, it will gain more popularity and I very much hope that the Community will be able to keep it in its present form, as well as in the forum, not only in the game in particular!

Experience

When I bought LastEpoch, I had no idea what it was all about because I love to dive into the lore of a game by myself and discover every aspect of it, in that I find something primal. After seeing the characters to choose from, of course, I opted for Acolyte just couldn’t believe they had a Necromancer then a lot of nostalgia came over me and I was super excited. Thus began my adventure and I began to develop the Necromancer with great enthusiasm.

Everything was very strange and confusing to me from the beginning, but the more I progressed, the more I discovered and so after I reached level 20. I had to decide what I wanted to become and quickly went to YouTube to browse through various builds and I stopped to the Necromancer Summoner, who wouldn’t want to lead an army of the dead, right?
And here I have to thank @Thyworm for simply explaining the basics of this build in a way that even a rookie can understand what’s going on.

So now, a few dozen hours later, I continue to develop with the same aspiration and interest as at the beginning, which is rare for me because I easily lose interest, especially when things start to happen repeatedly. In particular, I think that the unique craft system contributes to maintaining my interest, which so far compensates for the lack of other mechanics for raising levels, which for now are only the Arena and Monolith.

Remembering that I have discovered so far only a fraction of the class diversity, I am even more excited about what awaits me. It is simply impossible to convey to you the interest and emotions I am experiencing for this game right now, just through words.

Gratitude

I would like to write something about the developers as well, but since I don’t have any points of contact with them it won’t be much and what I will say is based on what I saw here in the forum and in the game itself.

Obviously, they are not driven by greedy motives, which crowns a huge success in building the game, no doubt. They also take an active part in building the community, treating their audience well, which, to be honest, is quite rare these days. Also, I would like to thank you for the hard work you have put into making this unique game, keep going and it will undoubtedly be a success for us players as well as you.

!!! Attention !!!

If for some reason you are reading this and you do not own the game I strongly suggest you change this!

7 Likes

Well written post. Glad to hear the guide was useful and helped you out. That’s why I make them.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.