Lagon hit box too small? Or Mana Strike not working as intended?

With my Spellblade, I’m using Eye of Reen and when trying to hit with Mana Strike, I have to be right on the very edge of the platform and in the middle to get Mana Strike to actually hit Lagon.

I have 4 points in Spirit Blade to increase Mana Strike area by 120%

Using Shatter Strike, with 70% increase in area, I can hit Lagon from a lot further away - but have to move directly in front of him to hit with Mana Strike to recover my mana.

I can be a few millimetres off position and Mana Strike does nothing.

Lagon keeps moving backwards to launch attacks which puts him/she/it out of range, which I’m guessing is part of the fight mechanics for everyone and I can deal with that.

The “increase in area” is working very differently for Shatter Strike and Mana Strike and can be a little confusing.

For Shatter Strike, the increase in area increases the effective range of the weapon - I can hit things from much further away.

For Mana Strike it seems to only extend the effect of the strike in front of me (like a cone) - it reaches further but does not affect the effective range - I still have to be right next to the mob.

So I’m curious if other players have had similar melee issues with Lagon’s hit box on other chars and whether Lagon’s hit box needs looking at.

There are several threads mentioning Lagon’s quirky targeting issues. I play a lot of melee characters and all of them have difficulties targeting him. And don’t even get me started on Lunge. I’m sure it’ll be addressed in some future patch, at least I hope they’ll give it a look.

1 Like

It’s even worse for Minion builds. If you have any melee minions, like skeletons or wolves, good luck in getting them to hit Lagon at all during the fight.

I tried fighting Lagon with minions, which is beyond difficult and also have a channeling mage that cannot hit him at all, forcing me to try switching to an alternate play-style for just this one fight, which requires the ability to hot-swap skills, etc.

I really hope they just fix the targeting issue so that we dont have to change our builds/skills for just one boss encounter.

In case anyways making a list. Static also will not git or proc things like zap or lightning blast.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.