Lagon fight adjustment

During the Lagon fight when the boss reaches 50% he teleports the player into the lower area of the zone to kill tentacles. After doing so the player is teleported back to the main platform where we continue to fight Lagon.

That’s all fine and great HOWEVER I have noticed several times that when the player gets teleported back to the platform Lagon is already casting his Cold and Lightning eye channeling beam ( not the instant cast beam ) thus instantly killing the player without any possibility of reaction.

Now with enough protections you can withstand a few ticks of the beam but while progressing the Monolith system on an SSF character you mostly rely on game mechanics to avoid such deadly attacks that normally should not be face tanked.

The problem is exacerbated for a Sentinel because we cannot target Lagon to teleport to a safe spot with Smite for example, and we cannot use Lunge either. So basically our 2 movement and mobility skills are not usable in this fight ( which is a huge issue by itself considering mages and acolytes can teleport freely ).

If it is intended by the dev team that Sentinels cannot use Smite and Lunge on Lagon then fair enough, but at least fix the teleport into eye channeling beam. Maybe make it so that he cannot channel the eye beam for 3-5 seconds after the player is teleported up to the platform.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Yes, this has been mentioned before, they really need to make Lagon stop doing his skills while the player is down in the arena.

2 Likes

From my understanding this is a bug with Lagon. In addition to he sometimes just stands there and doesn’t do anything. I think both maybe on the bug reports :thinking: but thanks for bringing awareness <3

Yeah, the not doing anything thing is a bug with him being feared, it breaks his ai.

1 Like

He’s a “god”. He’s not suppose to be feared. Ofc it will break his mind!

1 Like

Well yes, but if his mind is broken, could his body please continue to run through his rotation. It’s not as if it’s that complicated.

Edit: And what exactly would Lagon be afraid of? Tartar sauce? Chick peas and couscous?

…what any cyclop is afraid of…getting poked in his eye

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.