Is there a good permanent minion build?

I like pet builds, but the only one I’m finding seems to be wraith focused and involves spamming them continuously. Is there a good build that more depends on skellies and / or golems?

If you can’t find a build then create one of your own, it’s much more fun that way.

1 Like

there aren’t any good minion builds i know of that don’t require constant resummoning. i’ve dumped a lot of currency into my necromancer to try to make such a build viable but minions move too brutally slow, i can’t find a way for them to be effective without resummon gimmicks.

there is a strong bone golem build using its bone nova, but the golem is essentially treated as a stationary damage pylon.

2 Likes

I don’t mind resummoning if if they die or get stuck. I was more referring to the constant resummoning for wraith builds.

if you specialized you can have 11 skeletons, 5 DK skeletons mage, and 2 fire golems, thsi is what I do and works well.
nice fire synergies with fire archer, fire golems and fire wraiths but if you dont want to constant summons just take the ghost on autocast for your last skills, with all of that you can have a nice viable build

1 Like

Wish there was a necro build that was as strong as wraiths. Also don’t like the idea of spamming or autocasting them.

i’ve found the most success with the “firing squad” build

once you get to the high levels you’ll have access to the “of bones” suffix which grants up to 5 (technically up to 7 because of the new t6/t7 affixes, but tough luck getting that) extra skeletons.

so what i do is run 12 (right now, you can go as high as 16-18) skeleton archers with fire arrow barrage.
5 pyromancer skeleton mages with triple shot (it’s a talent node before archmage, do NOT take archmage though, it’s a tremendous damage nerf for necromancers)
1 pyre golem (i was running 2, but they were squishy and laggy, so i just made my one big fire boi as beefy as possible to hold aggro)
then build wraiths for maximum summons on the lowest cd then get adorned relics to guarantee them being pyre wraiths (they spam fireball)
aside from that i run transfusion since it has a 60% minion damage node while it’s on cd… the mobility is nice to have too.

1 Like

I wish I’d seen that before EHG fixed fire spells gfx…

it wasn’t much to see, since it ran at 2 fps… it’s a lot smoother since the vfx update

I was more thinking of all the pink. Youngest daughter would have approved.

I haven’t gone all the way through the monolith yet, but my Beastmaster with 6 wolves focused on bleed is rolling over everything so far. Easily the easiest of my higher level characters. Gear on him is trash too.

The campaign is pretty easy up to act 6, 7 then 8 are noticable spikes in difficulty.

I’m not talking about the campaign. I am facerolling the level 68 monolith right now. I just haven’t had time to go further yet. I tried a couple other characters first as well. The smite paladin was able to beat Abomination, but it was painfully slow.

My Beastmaster isn’t over leveled either. He is level 68.

While this build does focus on permant skellies and golems, it also summons wraiths, but i think youll find it fun :slight_smile:

yeah, that’s the firing squad i mentioned earlier.
ever since they toned down the fireball particles it’s been a lot more fun to watch above 2 fps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.