Is the game too easy? First playthrough

I think it depends a lot about what type of character you go for, right away. I’ve played 2 characters so far, first one was a sentinel, got to level 60 on it. Until I reached endgame, I could understand the fact that it didn’t seem particularly challenging, but what I didn’t realize was how much defense I was getting from my main skill and life from sentinel.

Playing with a mage character, made me feel that my character was significantly more fragile. He died fairly often since it’s harder to come by defense without a lot more focus on gear.

I did like Last Epoch though overall. Very interesting as a beta. I like how much flexibility there is in the game so you can choose how you want your skills and passives to interact.

I think the only problems I’ve had gamewise are not knowing stuff that seems very obvious to older players such as how ward works. I thought ward basically had a maximum account that if I hit enemies I could only get up to instead of ward basically just accumulating whenever you gain it in some way and losing it over time due to ward retention. I also found the crafting aspect to be a bit confusing in terms of fractures and glyphs. Then there was also, the “auto casting” which I didn’t even know was a feature. The thing that bothers me the most is that the chat rarely ever works.

The difficulty in this game is very different depending on the enemies you face and the protections you have.

There are phases where you sweap through the content like a warm knife through butter. Enemies don’t seem to do any damage. Then there are specific enemies that suddenly do a lot of damage. The first time I played the story I got very surprised by some of them. But when you know their mechanics and build protections properly you can get around this very well.

I’d suggest to increase the damage of the trash mobs a little bit to make them at least annoying in big packs.

Imho the last act is well balanced in difficulty especially the part when fighting the Wengari. On this maps you have to pay attention to what is happening and can’t play half sleeping.

Also some bosses could use some more damage or more challenging mechanics. Some mobs are more challenging to kill than most of the bosses.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.