Interested to support the game, need to know more

You can buy Grim Dawn off GOG and play it DRM free and totally offline.

On Steam, you can play the game offline as well if you put Steam to offline mode which I usually do. I go online like 1 time in a month when I have the chance to connect to Internet.

I certainly do not want to buy a game that I can only play for 1 time a month.

Itā€™s entirely possible LE wonā€™t have any requirements in relation to Steam being ā€œonlineā€ (and there will be a non-Steam LE too) but nowhere did I say you can only play once a month even on Steam ;0

With many Steamworks games youā€™re required to login periodically (1-2 times a month usually) but can then play offline until that login ā€˜expiresā€™

WIth some Steam games thereā€™s even no requirement to have Steam running - itā€™s simply a downloader - but thatā€™s rare and getting rarer simply because online features are wildly popular AND it offers some anti-piracy benefits

As I said tho - I doubt the developer will commit to how this will work at this early stage but games which can be played 100% offline with no DRM are becoming pretty scarceā€¦

There are lots of games that donā€™t require player to be online to play.

For me I played a lot of JRPG like Tales of series, Trail of Cold Steel and action games like Devil May Cry and Darksiders, all of the games I played so far does not require me to be online unless it is to download DLCs and updates which can be done like once a month when I can find the opportunity to do so. I am a fan of games like Borderlands, Doom, Ori, Hollow Knight as well that donā€™t require me to be online all the time. This of course applies to ARPG I played like Van Helsing, Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. All those games sell just fine without an always online anti-piracy move, I am sure this game will do just fine as well without it.

I am aware that multiplayer is a huge selling point for lots of game as well since I do play Diablo 2 on LAN during my college days and understand the appeal, I do not in anyway forcing the developer to cater to my offline need, I am trying to get a definitive answer so I can either buy in or move on.

Confirmation from dev that there is a plan for full offline mode. Hopefully this will be ready some time in the beta.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.