"Includification"

Hello Developers!

I’d like to mention a part of the gaming world that many game developers seems to forget, people with disabilities. For example, I’m a disabled gamer myself (Tetraplegic) and I’m excluded from every game that offer “WASD/arrows” as the only movement option. That’s sad though there are a very simple solution for including even me in those games. By allowing movement, holding in both mouse buttons (WoW has it), I’d be able to play most “WASD” games. I’ve written to a few game developers about this but never got any responses.

What I mean is that it would be nice if you could have us, disabled people, in mind while you develop your game. Adding options, accessibility options, to different aspects of your game would include more ppl and also increase you client base. Make the options available for those who need them and those who don’t need the options won’t even know they are there. I’m pretty sure Blizzard has understood this though I’m able to play most of their games. I have spent 30000 hours in WoW for example even though I can’t move my fingers and that’s only because of their movement option to “hold in both left and right mouse button simultaneously to move”.

For me “Click-to-Move / Mouse-to-Move” games like PoE (+2000 hours) and Grim Dawn (1400 hours) works nicely but others might need options for changing fonts, font sizes, colors, contrast etc in order to be able to play.

Check http://www.includification.com/ for info and guidelines

Best regards
Gurraberra

PS! Your game looks very nice and promising. Keep up the good work!

Hi there Gurraberra,

Thanks for your post!

It’s important to us that as many people as possible are able to play Last Epoch. It’s one reason we’ve committed to supporting Windows, Linux, and MacOS, it’s one reason we’ve selected the monetisation policy we have, and it’s a reason why we’ve made some of our other decisions - such as adding a new setting in the in-game options menu to have dots displayed around item names representing the number of prefixes and suffixes on an item. That last example being an attempt to improve the experience for those with colour blindness.

We’re always open to getting specific examples of changes we could make to improve the experience for someone. Please understand that, as an indie developer, our resources are limited. I can’t promise we’ll be able to act on every request - but I can promise that each one will be considered.

Thank you for the link! I wasn’t aware of it, and I’ll share it with the rest of the team. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your quick and positive response. I’m well aware about the tough game developement market and the limited resources most developers struggle with. I don’t demand anything and the only thing I want is to inform and hopfully be able to play more games that looks fun .

/Gurraberra

PS! 50 bucks is on the way to help your struggle :slight_smile:

That’s very generous, thank you!