Idols : How does it work ? (Updated Patch 0.7.7E)

Hello Epochers !

There is a lot of elements with recurrent questions (in game chat or sometimes forum) and i thought it would be a good think to have one topic about idols (i didn’t see a centralized one)

Idols are these little (or not) D2-inspired charms that you can add to your inventory. They’ll help you to make a stronger/different build and they have different shapes and sizes.

Patch 0.7.7 E :

• How can i unlock all the Idols slots ?

You just have to finish different quests of the game. You’ll gradually unlock spaces in your inventory to use the power of your idols.
At the end you’ll have a 4x4 space.

A list of quests have been provided by @wowow2264 (another topic) :
Main Story Quests: Saving Last Refuge, The Admiral’s Dreadnought, The Lance of Heorot.

Side Story Quests, An Ancient Hunt (time rift found in the Shattered Valley near the waypoint), The Corrupted Lake (time rift found in Lake Liath near the waypoint), The Sapphire Tablet (Quest given in the Oracle’s Abode by the Shrine Maiden), A Heoborean Cure (Given in Heoborea by an old man), Liberating the Nomads (Given in the Nomad Camp by the Nomad Survivor).

• Can i craft an idol ?

No, it’s impossible. And it’s not a thing that they’ve planned to implement in the future (atm).

• Are there specific idols for every class ?

Yes, you have standard idols and some specific ones, locked for your class.

• Can i add different idols with the same affixes ? How they work together ?

It’s not clear, so i’ll update this part later (and maybe i didn’t encounter all types).

You have different types of affixes :

+XXX : You just add the value to your score.
e.g : Idol 1 : +15 Mana Idol 2 : +30 Mana implies +45 Mana to your character.

+XX% / XX% : It’s again an additional system.
e.g A : Idol 1 : +5% Critical Strike Chance Idol 2 : +20% Critical Strike Chance implies you’ll have +25% Critical Strike Chance. So if you had 40% Critical Strike Chance, you have now 65%.
e.g B : Idol 1 : 1% Damaged Leech as Health on hit Idol 2 : 2% Damaged Leech as Health on hit implies 3% Damaged Leech as Health on hit for your character.

XX% increased… : I think we keep the same idea
e.g : Idol 1 : +5% Increased Critical Strike Chance Idol 2 : +20% Increased Critical Strike Chance implies you’ll have +25% increased Critical Strike Chance. So if you had 40% Critical Strike Chance, you have now 50%.

+XX% Chance to… : I don’t know how it really works.
e.g : Idol 1 : 5% Chance to cast spell A with melee hit Idol 2 : 15% Chance to cast spell A with melee hit.
I don’t know if you have 20% chance to cast spell A or if it’s independant rolls (5% & 15%).

• Is there a capped value by affix ?

I don’t think so.

• Does the place where i put the idol has an impact on its effects ?

I don’t think so. (even if it could be fun).

I count on you to tell me if i forgot or misunderstood something (or just failed an explanation) and, obviously to complete it.

Have fun !

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.