Hybrid Life and ward builds

Is is possible? Is anyone doing this? Since ward decays faster the more you have, do the changes in 0.7.8 make hybrid more appealing?

Haven’t tested super intensely by now, but currently i level a mage/sorcer with the new patch so see how it feels. And i can say it indeed does feel great.

Teleport does have a node that gives you 6/12/18% of your current health as ward, while flame ward has a node that gives you 12/24/36% of your missing health on activation.

I just finished the campaign and have garbage gear, but to give you some numbers(that can be certainly increased very much) I have 700 HP and can permanently maintain 400-600 ward just with teleport on cooldown(360% ward retention).
Situationaly i can use up to two charges of Flame Ward that give me 1000 Ward in a burst each

This are by far no endgame numbers yet, but the WHOLE leveling proccess felt very good, i was on 10-30% protections throughout my leveling and didn’t die a single time.

I didn’t use any uniques and minimal crafting(mostly int on some pieces for dmg/ward Retention)

So with my initial nubmers you can easily get to 1k+HP + 1-2K Ward permanently i would assume, maybe even higher, depending on what offesnive spells you are using and if you wanna use ward on hit(which is still VERY strong)

Sweet. All my questions answered and more. Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.