How and where do you stack your defenses for end game?

I’m curious how everyone stacks their defenses for end game. To me there seems to be a limited way in order to actually spec for later game, but i’m curious to what others do to get their defenses. Lets start with priority seems in general GB->Dodge->CA->health/resistances. Now I’ve seen some say CA>dodge so i’m curious what you guys aim for first.

Next I’m wondering where you get these stats, now i know for GB you would do 4 items at T5 set GB. I’m guessing majority gearing location on this is as follows: Helm, boots, gloves, belt. as rings/amulets/relics have better affixes that aren’t available in other locations.

Now for dodge I’m guessing majority of people are using the set dodge affix on rings amulet and relic. Do you guys try to do two set affixes on these (such as health or ele protection) or do you go with a damage prefix to go along with the set.

As for the suffix spots on these, they don’t seem as important, getting a flat dodge or CA depending on what you need doesn’t seem like much of an issue or conflict when gearing compared to the prefix part, but I would assume that ideally most if not all items have one or the other.

I’m also wondering if there are certain numerical values that are aimed for before focusing on damage. 100% GA, 100% CA, i’ve heard someone say to aim for about 2k dodge which gives like a 70% chance in the level 90+ range, what about health?

I know ALL builds will be different to a degree, for example any shield build might avoid dodge together for procs, but focus block chance, effiency, and damage reduced on block to help make up for not having any dodge.

TLDR: I would love to hear how you gear, what and where your set affixes are and if you aim for certain numerical values for certain stats.

For me generally:

Builds that rely on kiting

• 100% GB

• 70% Dodge

• One or two more layers of defence (Prots/Health/Ward/Indigo/Freeze/Shock etc).

• Some CA if possible and if it does not need significant trade off with other things.

The aim is not to get hit at all and usually the EHP is quite low anyway, so CA is not that useful IMO.

Builds that facetank stuff

• 100% GB

• Moderate to high CA (depends on the build).

• One or two more layers of defence (Prots/Health/Ward/Indigo/Freeze/Shock etc)

• 50% Dodge (usually with Shrouding belt).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.