High Graphical Distortion after about 30 minutes of play

First and foremost, I did search and I couldn’t find a topic that covered this.

I’m seeing a high level of distortion - mostly surrounding any type of animation - including character animation, spell effects, portal and gold glittering. Once the distortion starts, within minutes, it gets so bad that the game becomes unplayable.

The fact that exiting the game and restarting seems to suggest that this might be the cause of a buffer overrun. My hardware specifications:

NVidia 2080 RTX
Rizen 9
32 GB RAM

All my drivers are up to date - I can provide additional specifics and I’m happy to let you use my system as a debugging platform. I’m really enjoying this game - but I’d like to play it for longer than 30 minute intervals.

1 Like

hmm maybe graphic card is overheating? i did have had a similar problem. and for me it was because of graphic card got very hot in this game. since i locked my fps to 60 fps i have no problems anymore. maybe it helps for you :slight_smile: sry if not^^

1 Like

I do appreciate the feedback - but I don’t think that’s it. I’m constantly monitoring my temperature and nothing is overclock; it’s water cooled. My first purpose built gaming PC (I’m a developer by trade). And a quick restart seems to lend strength to software, rather than hardware.

Still, I’ll take your suggestions into account and try lowering my FPS and graphic settings. Maybe it will help?

From the latest patch notes.

Certain spells/attacks still cause this and as you said, the only way to stop it seems to be restarting the game.

1 Like

i am having the exact same experience and run a pretty beefy build myself with a gtx 1080 instead. its not a heating issue at all, as my graphics card never gets over 78 degrees. There are some parts where it is straight up unplayable. really unfortunate to pay $35 and only get about 8 hours out of it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.