High FPS indoors but low FPS and stutter outdoors

I’ve been playing on the new patch and noticed something interesting but annoying about my framrates. In all indoor areas (including the End of Time) I have high framerates (75ish) but in all outdoor areas I have much lower framerates (35ish). Outdoor areas also have a lot of stutter that doesn’t occur indoors. FPS fluctuates very little, but I get a big FPS drop whenever I step outside. I’ve tried fiddling with graphics settings, GPU settings, and laptop battery settings, but the only settings that have any appreciable difference in the FPS is lighting related settings in game. At that point I’d imagine that the issue is related to light sources in outdoor areas. I’d be willing to ignore the framerate drop if it wasn’t for the stutter.

This is my setup:
i5-8th gen
8gb RAM
GTX 1050 4GB
m.2 SSD

Thanks for the report!

Could you please attach your Graphics .ini file to a new post in this thread?

https://support.lastepochgame.com/article/31-the-graphics-ini-file

Here’s the .ini file: le_graphicsmanager.ini (2.4 KB)

A post was split to a new topic: Poor framerate in outside regions

Thank you!

I saw a similar report and wanted to compare your .ini file with the one provided by the other player. They don’t bear the same symptoms, so the two issues look to be unrelated.

Due to us launching the patch yesterday and it being the weekend (our bad, of course) we’re in an information-gathering stage and I’m not yet certain whether this would be something we can troubleshoot or would require a game update to address. I’ll keep you posted.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.