Hammer Throw projectiles hitting invisible collision zones

i’ve run into this problem in two areas so far, most recently in Maj’Elka near one of the places we clear of enemies for Alric. i noticed it happening once before but forgot to take note of where.

there are some places where the hammer throw projectiles are eaten by an invisible collision zone in the environment. if i stand outside the zone, i can throw hammers, but when they spiral into the zone they despawn. if i throw hammers from within the zone they don’t seem to appear at all, although i was able to hit some enemies with them in that zone even though the hammers didn’t appear.

i found one previous thread discussing this issue with no dev response, so i’m just bringing it up again. old thread edit: another old thread

i can record a video to demonstrate if necessary. for reference i have the following points allocated in hammer throw: 1/3 winged hammers, 1/1 steadfast path, 1/1 iron spiral, 2/2 catapult, 1/8 rapid throw, 3/5 weighted hammers, 1/1 disintegrating aura, 2/6 rapid disintegration

#skills #bug-reports

Yup, there’s a recent post about it too.

oh i didn’t see that one when i was searching, but i notice one of the devs asked for screenshots… i’ve been noticing it in various places as i’ve been playing tonight so i’ll snap some screens of a few of them and post them later.

it doesn’t seem to be any consistent terrain arrangement that causes it, but it does always seem to be in the vicinity of a wall or other structure. haven’t run into it in wide open areas as far as i have seen.

In my experience (& I tend to use hammers as a levelling skill till I get free shields) it’s **** on the ground which prevents the hammers, including either raised areas or “gaps” in the ground where the hammer/shield can fall through to a lower area (raised planking, for example, when you go & protect the Oracle for the first time).

Bumping an old topic instead of making a new one. Not sure is this figured out by the devs yet. But since I recorded a video before searching bug forums, I’ll post it anyway:
https://streamable.com/w5crx8

My guess is that in lifted areas skill targets somewhere far below the player level and thus throws the hammer straight to the floor/ground, but could be something else that’s causing the problem. At least in the video it seemed to throw it down when it worked at the edge of the platform.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.