Graphics Settings cannot be saved (Linux)

When changing a setting under the Graphics tab, the “Apply Changes” button becomes enabled. However, clicking it does not seem to have an effect - the button can still be clicked and it still says “Pending Changes” above the button. Closing and re-opening the settings shows everything as it was initially, so indeed nothing seems to have been saved.

On my first launch of the game, this button wasn’t even visible - the Graphics tab just looked like the other tabs (none of the other have such a button). Also the initial settings were different (e.g. FPS limit was enabled and set to 15 FPS, while now it is disabled and set to 60).

I’m playing the Steam version of the game on Linux. If you want any more information, then please let me know.

PS: My GPU runs pretty hot just on the log-in screen (and also the loading screen). Maybe the FPS limiter would help.

Sorry about this! Could you upload your log file from a game session where the settings failed to save?

There is a lot going on in these logfiles, from missing scripts and libraries to NullReferenceExceptions :open_mouth: Could it be that some of these are caused by my particular installation (of Manjaro Linux, Steam, or the game itself)?

Player.log (82.0 KB) Player-prev.log (159.0 KB)

Same issue here, Windows 7 64bit.

Player.log (77.8 KB) Player-prev.log (105.9 KB)

Same problem over here on Kubuntu 20.04. Saving the settings does work once you are “ingame”. However ambient occlusion is still broken on the latest linux build and needs to be turned down to very low. Every setting above that causes massive textureflickering at least with the latest stable MESA Drivers. I have set the framelimiter to 80 FPS and turned VSync off. This reduces the heat and fannoise of my Radeon RX 5700.

Same problem on Windows 10 64 bits.
Nvidia 1060, i7 8700. 100% gpu usage and settings are saved “ingame” but not reducing the gpu usage.

I keep getting this error in the debug log:

[0430/230800.660:ERROR:settings.cc(325)] Settings version is not 1
[0813/091057.192:ERROR:settings.cc(326)] Settings version is not 1
[0813/113753.576:ERROR:settings.cc(326)] Settings version is not 1

Won’t be able to upgrade gpu in a few months, but more than 6 gig gpu usage is big : /
The Nvidia series 3 is on the corner, we’ll see how prices are on those when they come.

Same issue here, can’t apply changes, the button is clickable, but it doesn’t save the changes. Sad the game eats 100% of my GPU and i can’t lower the setting :frowning: is there a fix on the way? Thanks !

Try entering the game with your character and then opening the settings. In my case saving graphics settings worked in this case.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.