Graphics Performance

that seems to be the case, yes. For me performance this patch is significantly worse than last patch. i7 8700 / 2080 here.

2 Likes

Maybe I’m a semi good example for good performance. My rig is not state of the art.

I5 3570
GTX 1060

I play at 1.920 x 1.080 and have around 50 fps.

Maybe it’s because I play at that frame rate for a really long time now (even worse sometimes) I’d say it runs smooth for me. My game settings are “ultra” just turned shadows to medium.

Some people might consider 50 fps a slideshow, I know :sweat_smile:.

But I read a lot of posts where people really had an unplayable experience with a way better rig than mine and on low settings.

So this is not an issue that the game in general has performance issues where nobody gets it running smoothly. It’s depending on the system specs.

I hope this means that it’s easier to solve than a more general performance issue. But maybe it’s even harder to solve

almost the same as mine
 i5 7500 with a 1060 and I can run 60fps at 1920x1080 with everything low or disabled as I prefer consistancy over pretty graphics
 never really have problems but then again I dont run the builds that are known to have problems. The only time I get close to single digit frame rate is if I lure a map full of meruna orges onto a single screen and try a nuke. Then fps is bye bye

I am a techie so I run a tight ship when it comes to keeping my system working as well as it can but its a totally average system that I put together 3 years ago on a budget.

Thanks for your replys.
Yea, i know, thats why my Card is undervolted and Custom Liquid cooled.
1050mv @P7 Timespy stable. 280W to 330W Powerdraw measured with external Tool.
The Temperature per sĂ© is “near perfect” except for the HotSpot.
You cannot easily compare this with the measuring method Nvidia is using due to Vega GPU’s specific characteristics.
75°C HotSpot would be fine/tolerated, higher than this Thermalthrotteling is starting, 105°C will start the safety shutdown of the VEGA

The Airflow in my Case should be OK. VRM + all other Mainboard Sensor are around 40°C under full (combined cpu+gpu+nvme) load.

Also
 who is bothering with 144FPS? Sure i am using a 144Hz Monitor, but i also have FreeSync (freesync range 40-155Hz via DP) and, like i stated, capping the FPS ingame at 60fps

Thanks again for your input

Holy crap
 Do you have a private power station in your garden? I know you cannot compare it to newer models for various reasons but thats the powerdraw of a new 3080!

My performance also got a lot better and a lot less crashes than some months ago!

1080ti / Ryzen 2600x
4k screen res (!)
medium to high settings
Getting 60fps in town (capped) and goes down to 40-60 in combat. Thats really feels okay enough for an arpg.

Some months ago i had like 40-60 in town and down to basicly 5 in heavy combat with the same setting or even with low i could get down to 10 fps 

The only thing that is still a desaster for me i burning pier. I got 10 crashes per 10 minutes 6 months ago in that zone - no its only 5 
 at least i needed only 3 crashes to solve this zone on my last char.

BUT that was the only 3 crashes i had up to level 70 and thats amazing - in the past my crash counter was >>> char level :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.