Graphics driver crashes while game continues in the background

It’s hard to say what’s doing it. I’ve tried reducing my settings to absolute minimum quality, and it has not stopped the crashing. I’ve included a couple of crash logs here as well as my graphics setup:

Le Graphics Manager settings
Output file with medium grpahics settings
Output file with absolute minimum graphics settings

I would assume that this is some kind of a bug that crashes my computer’s graphics driver only, because I can still play the game in the background, even though the screen is frozen. On the minimum settings file I was fighting a boss, froze, and then proceeded to kill the boss while my graphics output had stopped just based off of what I was able to hear. I heard the lootsplosion after it died, so I figured that was that. No chest for me unfortunately. When this happens I normally need to use task manager to kill the game and restart. It has happened in a variety of circumstances. Most don’t even involve combat, though. A fair amount of times I’ve crashed while just perusing my inventory in the ‘an echo of a world’ zone after finishing a monolith timeline.

In Event Viewer I get this error: 4101: “Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.”
Also this: Application Hang 1002: The program Last Epoch.exe version 2018.3.8.4067 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 4c28
Start Time: 01d590447d4d1232
Termination Time: 4294967295
Application Path: H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Report Id: 7bd9ad8d-2ec4-4782-9a76-2fccfa272794
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Hang type: Top level window is idle

I looked back in event viewer, and every time that the display driver has crashed with Last Epoch, it’s the same event… because the ‘Top level window is idle’. Hopefully that provides enough info, but here’s also my system specs:

System specs:
Windows 10
Intel Core i5 8600k cpu
EVGA FTW3 1080ti gpu
32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 ram
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming motherboard

Am I alone in this? Has anyone else had luck fixing it?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.