Game won't launch (Linux)

I have just bought and installed the game, but when i try to launch it it gets stuck on the opening window. I attach the log and sys info.
Thank you in advance for your help.

LastEpochCrash.zip (16.6 KB)

Same issue - black screen on launch. I’m going to try forcing it to use the windows version on proton, as I’ve heard it’s much superior.

Watching resource consumption while the black screen is open, memory usage keeps rising. The first time I did this, it hung my computer. The second time, when watching the consumption, it went from 4gig to 8gig before i killed it.

Running ubuntu 16.04.

Yeah, it seems there’s also some out-of-bounds errors involved.

Running on proton with the following settings:
PROTON_USE_WINED3D=1 %command% -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080
works ok

And by ‘works’ i mean gets me to the character select screen, where there are no textures.

I had exactly the same experience with proton, so went back to the problem of overwhelming memory consumption in vanilla linux. I have sent the player log and specs to the devs. Hope we get a solution soon because I would really like to play.

I have the same issue too, must be a universal problem on linux.

The game is working for me on linux after returning to native. I’m not sure what’s changed, though I did install some system updates.

What version of linux are you using? Thanks in advance!

18.04.4 LTS x86_64

Good luck!

No luck :frowning: . I have the same version but the problem continues, even after upgrading and reinstalling the game.

I waited for aprox 7 minutes to see if the game would start and now the game works!! :slight_smile:

It seems to sometimes crash when I have other things open (e.g. firefox, spotify). Perhaps try opening it with no other user processes running?

I’ll try. until now the game runs (on low graphics). I has crashed a couple of times. Lets see if update 0.7.7 fixes some of these issues.

Might simply be Ubuntu. Could have better results with Void, Manjaro, or Fedora.

Have you tried it in other distros?

Fedora does not work at all. Steam or standalone.

After patch 0.7.8 it works for me in ubuntu. Seems quite stable for the moment, and does not take 5-10 minutes to load any more.

I spoke too soon. I set the game to full screen mode and now it consumes the resources without starting.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.