Game performance

I dont know if its the game engine or what it is, I hope you some day will get the game running smooth, no matter what patch you add it dosnt get better. I doubt its my pc since i run alot harder games than this on ultra. And using ssd aswell. But the game have never been running fluid and smooth. Like small scratches/glithes all the time wich in many games can be solved by turning on vsync, but here vsync dosnt make any different. Its a shame because i really wanna play this game, but its just not running smooth enough to be fun.
My setup: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Intel® Core™ i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz (6 CPUs), ~2.8GHz.
8192MB RAM DDR4.
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB SSD HD

Have tryed lowered my setting regarding my graphic card, it didnt do any different.

Hi there!

Please attach the following files to a forum post;

DxDiag.txt (76.3 KB)
I cant find that ini file, dont have a map called appdata, and cant remeber how to turn it on to show hidden maps, the win 10 is not as easy to figure out as old windows regarding pc settings.

The below support article can help you with that. :slight_smile:

le_graphicsmanager.INI (2.5 KB)
Is it this one

A post was split to a new topic: Game performance

Hi everyone,

I’m going to move posts to different threads, as the specific advice we would give to people depends on numerous factors - particularly the hardware configuration of their computers.

Hi @johnolesen77,

Is the performance issue specific to certain types of area (e.g. underground, forest, desert) or a global issue affecting all zones pretty much equally?

Specific changes I’d recommend include;

• Try changing Ambient Occlusion from Medium to Low
  • Try changing Volumetric Lighting from Medium to Low
  • Try changing Vegetation System from Medium to Low
  • Try changing Contact Shadows from Medium to Low

Hi there. Yes its all areas, I can try the settings. As you told me earlyer, my graphic card is the minimum requirement, so that can also be the issue. I just find it strange I can play “Bigger” games like Destiny 2, Far cry 5, DOOM and so on at ultra settings. So I also think is it worth spending money on new card, when this is the only game I cant run, that decision is hard.

Thinking of maybe w8 and play the game when it is released, and then its maybe time for a new card.

Hi again. I have tryed the settings and it dosnt make a different. Guess ill have to w8 playing until I get a bigger graphic card then. Ty for the answers.

I have bought new gear now for my pc so think it will be much better.
MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER VENTUS OC - 8GB GDDR6 RAM
Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2666 BK C16 DC - 16GB

Locking thread as the same person has created a new thread on the same subject.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/upgraded-pc-only-for-this-game-and-still-runs-bad/15813