Game causing Primary Monitor to stop getting any input until disconnected and reconnected

Detailed description:
Using a 2 monitor setup and playing the game on the primary monitor. After approxiamtely 10 minutes of gameplay all video output to the primary monitor stops. The game does not stop or crash. The screen goes black and nothing can display on the first monitor; not windows moved from the other screen, not the mouse cursor, not the task manager. The computer does not adjust correctly to pick up a 1 monitor setup and move the task bar + all windows to the secondary monitor, and the mouse continues to travel when moved onto the monitor no longer receiving input. When the primary monitor is unplugged all windows (including the still running game process) are sent to the second monitor normally.

For the purposes of clarity, the game process is not displaying a black screen, it has caused the monitor to stop receiving all input until reconnected. Looks like it is causing the device to drop on the hardware side. When reconnected the game image returns as normal. This has ONLY EVER happened on this machine in this game on this patch. Ran for 2-3 days in between the 2 sessions and had no issues in the interim.

What were you doing at the time?
In both instances I was playing a lightning blast sorcerer in a Monolith, first instance was when engaged in combat with the area boss, second instance was running around after killing the latest pack.

How consistently does this happen?
This happens after about 10 minutes of gameplay. It has happened at about the same time into the game on two ocassions on two separate days. I will not test further as I do not know what damage this may cause on my machine. This will prevent me from playing this game until the bug is fixed.

Operating System:
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 10.0 Build 18363

Diagnostic Files:
DxDiag.txt (87.2 KB)
Player.log (1.4 MB)

If I have left anything out or if you need further information please let me know.

Please do no suggest the cable is becoming loose or this is a hardware only issue, it is not.

Apologies for the very late reply-- I had intended to come back to this but it got lost in the shuffle. I haven’t heard any other reports of this issue so I don’t have any specific advice, unfortunately.

However, I see that you have an AMD graphics card. We released 0.7.8f last week which included fixes for multiple issues that AMD users were seeing, so it would be worth trying again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.