Game cannot be launched after selecting my char

Good morning.

I just purchased and downloaded this game. I created a new char and put all graphics in lowest (my machine is not the best but still can run many things in medium or low) but once the game is loading (black screen) it ends hanging and windows says that the game stopped working.
I tried this from steam launcher, outside steam, even using administrative permission.
I also checked the integrity of all the game files using steam and they are fine. My video drivers are the latest.
My specs are

2GHz Intel Core i7-2630QM Quad-Core
8GB (2x4GB) RAM
SSD samsung EVO
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6570 with 1 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Windows 7 Ultimate

Hey there,

Sorry to hear about this!

Could you please post the game’s log file to help us look into this?

Here I attach the error log and the crash log

Crash_2019-12-12_173401108.zip (61.9 KB)

Any updates to this?

Apologies for not being around over the weekend.

It appears that the driver for your video card is crashing;

atidxx64.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module atidxx64.dll at 0033:f2f2bae1.

There are a few potential solutions.

Changing Driver Version

Drivers can have compatibility issues with either particular game engines, or even individual games. Unfortunately, some laptops do not permit the use of drivers released directly by the GPU manufacturer, and instead only allow drivers signed by the manufacturer of the laptop.

If your laptop has an update utility installed, I would suggest using that to check for any updates which may be available for your video card. If your laptop accepts drivers directly from AMD, you can find the latest stable release and latest beta version here.

If you aren’t sure whether your laptop does allow the installation of drivers directly from AMD, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer of your laptop for assistance. Additionally, their website may have alternative driver versions you can download.

Finally, I would note that we are not necessarily looking for a newer driver - but rather a different one. A previous driver may not experience the same issue, and the most recent beta release is typically a newer version which may improve compatibility issues.

Flagging Last Epoch as a Trusted Application

While this is relatively uncommon, it is possible for the interference of security software to cause this issue. I would expect this to occur when first opening the game, but you can follow these instructions to add Last Epoch to the list of AVG’s exclusions.

The Game's System Requirements

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that Last Epoch will run on systems which do not meet the game’s minimum system requirements. As you purchased the game through Steam, you may wish to consider reaching out to Valve to request a refund if the above advice doesn’t help. There is a Steam support article about requesting refunds available here.

Thanks for your reply and taking time to answer back.
I will check this suggestions and reach back.

Regards

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.