Forge/Shatter button periodically becomes non-functional, fixed by exiting to menu

Every once in a while, the “Forge/Shatter” button in the Forge menu stops working, and I become unable to craft. Once this happens, it’s locked for the remainder of the play session; I have to exit to menu to fix it.

Also reported by ykci on the subreddit.

Video demo (including fixing it by exiting to menu):

I’m not sure exactly what triggers it. Anecdotally, it’s seemed to me like it happens more often if I open the forge menu while other stuff is going on (e.g., while my character is running, or there are enemies nearby), but I haven’t been able to reproduce it reliably other than by playing for a long time and waiting for it to happen.

System info and log file attached (attaching both current and previous log file, as I’m not sure whether exiting to menu resets it).

DxDiag.zip (17.3 KB)

Player.log (746.8 KB)

Player-prev.log (524.1 KB)

Same happens to me, and just happened again so I figured I’d report this bug but thankfully you already did. :wink:

Player.log (1.6 MB)

Could it be related to this one?

I’d be curious to know if you also lose chat at the same time because I noticed that I had.

Could be related/the same bug, but that’s definitely not the only thing that triggers it; it happens to me sometimes when I open the Forge screen for the first time, before I’ve had the chance to do anything like shatter something and then close the screen quickly.

I definitely do lose chat sometimes but I haven’t noticed whether it happens at the same time as the Forge button breaks. I’ll try to remember to keep an eye out in the future.

1 Like

I also had this happen just now and a exit to char select fixed it

I had this happen to me as well. Not sure what caused it. Just randomly stopped working.

Sorry about this! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to reproduce this issue internally. I don’t see any obvious causes in the log files, but more log files always help!

Any details about what you were doing immediately before the problem would also be helpful. For example, did the button stop working while the window was open, or did it suddenly stop working when you reopened it? What items were you crafting with/on? What else were you doing in-game before it happened?

Thanks!

Usually (including the case shown in the video in the OP), I notice that the button is broken when I open up the Forge screen to break down items after finishing an Echo. I don’t know whether that’s the trigger, or whether the button has been broken for some time before that, and the shattering session after the run is just the first time I’m noticing it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen it stop working partway through a crafting session, while the window was open. I believe if I open the crafting window and successfully craft/shatter once, it will continue working for at least as long as I have the window open. I’m not 100% positive about this, but as far as I remember it’s true.

I don’t remember what items I was crafting on in this particular case; it happens frequently enough that it’s hit all kinds of items.

As far as I remember, I was just doing normal Monolith runs prior to this.

I just experienced this bug, but nothing new in logs as I attached them in other thread Forge Search Function - #8 by Geinmachi and since then the log size didn’t change so I don’t think it will be useful.

It happens after monolith runs when I forge the loot. Go into monolith → finish → forge → loot chest → forge → repeat and sometimes it breaks

Whatever happened after last patch this bug is happening every time I play now; it use to be rare. The only way to fix it is exiting completely for me and restarting the game.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.