Flame Reave Catalyst of Fire Fireball Embers issue

On my Spellblade I have Flame Reave with Catalyst of Fire to cast Fireball which I have also specced into. On Fireball I have specced into Embers. If I cast Fireball myself it fires 2 fireballs in a line like it should. If Catalyst of Fire triggers casting Fireball it only fires 1 Fireball. Before I specced Embers on Fireball, it was firing extra projectiles with no issue when casted by Flame Reave via Catalyst of Fire. I have tested this out in multiple maps, so is not a map issue.

2 Likes

I think I know why this is happening. I started a Flame Reave Fireball mage today and found this. The new Lightning Blast specialization is afflicted with a similar problem with its multicast trigger nodes and skills triggering LB casts. Lightning Blast - Overcharge and Hypercharge

I think the Embers node on Fireball isn’t actually making the projectiles fire in sequence with the same cast, but triggering a multicast effect as a means to make them able to hit the same target as they are “separate casts” of the projectiles because multiple projectile functionality on skills across the board are made so multiple projectiles from the same cast can’t hit the same target. The projectiles feel like they fire at the same interval as the lightning blast multicasts too.

Something like:
if PlayerCast(Fireball) then Multicast(0.5 * numAddedProjectile)

The game doesn’t check to see if it should repeat the fireball because “The Player” didn’t cast it.

Casts of skills from other skill specializations aren’t counting as “The Player” casting it (Arcane Ascendance doesn’t lose Acuity cast count on triggered spells, only counts specifically player casted spells), so the skill can’t “fire projectiles in sequence” because “The Player” didn’t cast it so it can’t multicast fireball.

The bug lies (imo, could be wrong) in the global skill functionality between the multicast effect and non-player-casted skills.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.