Flame Nova Cooldown Recovery speed?

How does this work exactly. Infernal Nova says it gives Flame Nova a 4 second Cooldown. Then Conflagrating Speed says it gives 25% Cooldown Recovery Speed and you can put 8 points into for a total of 200%.
Planning to make a Flame Nova build but exactly what does cooldown recovery speed do to the cooldown? As it clearly doesn’t do what I think it does as you should only need 100% to remove the cooldown.

You have to think this way: You have 4s cooldown. Cooldown recovery now is based on these 4 seconds. 100% increased makes the cooldown recover 2x as fast as before = 2s cooldown. 200% increased makes it 3x faster = 1.33s

You’re thinking of cooldown recovery, not cooldown recovery speed. If it were cooldown recovery, then yes, 100% would remove the cooldown entirely. However since it’s cooldown recovery speed, you’re just getting to the “finishing point” 200% faster. (new cooldown = old cooldown / (1 + cooldown recovery speed)).

Are you sure that’s the formula? I tested this out with Volcanic Orb and the Volcanic Frenzy node (+75% CD Recovery Speed per point).

Volcanic Orb, 4s CD base
with 75% CDRS (1 pt) --> 1.7s CD
with 150% CDRS (2 pt) --> 1.2s CD

How does that work with the formula? The data would also appear to be at odds with the in-game description since 75% CDRS leads to a reduction greater than half of the original CD.

Yes, that is what’s supposed to happen, but that doesn’t mean that’s what is happening. For example, the Orb Master node on Devouring Orb said it gave 30% cooldown recovery speed per point but was actually giving 20%, so it’s entirely possible that Volcanic Frenzy is giving significantly more (which would make it a bug on that node). @Hackaloken

Well, let’s see…

1 pt in Volcanic Frenzy is actually 135% CDRS
2 pt in Volcanic Frenzy is actually 233% CDRS

I’ll go post a bug report.

There’s also rounding happening.

I figured the actual cooldown might be something like 1.25 and 1.75. Still, the node is giving way more than 75% CDRS per point.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.