First impressions: problems of the game and tips for solving them

I also wanted to add my two cents on this:

I’m confident we’ll see more enemy variety as the game grows. I’d bet part of the current monster choices are their ease in development from programming to the art and animations.

I agree with you on the jelly part, some jelly is ok if it looks freaky, but I hope the void enemies are more demonic/shadowy/death figures than grape jam :slight_smile:

What’s not to love about these adorable jellies? :slight_smile:

I believe something a bit similar aswell; you all have been right to a certain degree so far.

Key point its absolute: its the Devs job to filter and discern wheter opinions are good or bad, useful or useless, substantiated or not. That doesnt mean that some opinions are more valid than others, as im sure all are going to be heard and taken into account. Howewer, we cannot deny the obvious; the opinion from somebody who has spent 100+ hours in the game is going to be, on average, more grounded and meaningful than the one coming from who has spent 10.

In this particular case, im leaning a bit more towards the opinions of Sirris and Sacamano; yet i like and share some of those stated by Hermes.

And in my personal and particular case, im having already a blast with the game as it is, the only thing that is really missing for me, is the lack of armour and weapon skins, and the lack of external, cosmetic personalization. Im aware nervertheless, that this is going to be implemented in future versions, but stil is the only issue that troubles me. And i have spent 50+ hours so far, finished the available story quests twice and spent my good amount into Monolith and Arena. So, as you may see, we all have very different opinions :wink:

2 Likes

Porings in iRO beta were the first MMO mob I ever faced.

Edit: that is to say, I will always fear and respect these beasts

1 Like

I agree that feedback about mechanics, powerlevel of certain skills/builds/classes etc. is more valuable from seasoned players. But QoL things, optics, general “feel” of the game are universal things where beginners can add VERY valuable input.
Because in the end, the success of Last Epoch will rely on players who are not “hardcore fans”, most normal players won’t play 100 hours before deciding if the game is worth their time. So the first 2-10 hours are VERY important for any game, and anything that seems weird, unfinished, clunky, will quickly cause players to leave.
If you already spent 100 hours in the game, and then come across some bad things, or realize some synergies work too well or not at all, you’re already invested in the game and more likely to stay around till it is fixed.

3 Likes

You too? I knew I wasn’t the only one. RO blew the doors open to a whole new world to me. I started on day 1 of the beta, and I’ve been playing off and on since (as recent as a few months ago).

Yeah my buddy showed me iRO in 2003. We had a few other friends in high school that played briefly together too. Good times :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.