Hi, I’ll try to give some first impressions from the perspective of an ARPG fan (as most here) after only playing 2-3 hours of the game.
In my experience, this short period in games is enough for many players to decide whether to keep investing time because you are curious about the game or simply leave and try something else., so its important to get the interest as fast as possible.
What was good:
- The skill system seems interestesting, gaining levels and skills feel like your character progress fast as the beginning, and you have lots of choices.
- Playability was smooth, game responds well , was stable , reasonable difficulty for the start
-GAme felt interesting enough to keep playing
Things that can be improved
- Tooltips to help you understand the impact of the skill/gear decissions, there are lots of % , but for a complete newbie is quite unclear the effects of the things you are choosing to use.
- Crafting needs to be better explained , you get lots of orange thingies and not much clue about affixes/prefixes/tiers , etc
- The quest system can guide you better
-Story is not great (never the focal point in many ARPG’s, but this one is pretty bland)
Hope this helps, and keep up the good work , the game obviously is in beta, but it feels quite polished for being several months away from launch.