here is a little summary from my gameplay. I will expand this list over time when I gather more experience from game
Skill points allocation should be confirmed (f.e. like in Grim Dawn)
Necromancer’s skelies die rather fast even with nodes for more hp (by design i presume)
Primalist’s totems are also pretty underwhelming.
Tempest knight gameplay feels smooth
- Life leech sucks, really. It’s rate is low and it is not possible to keep character alive in some situations.
- Minimap is often confusing and cannot be enlarged which sucks
- Area design could be not that linear as is
- Striking barels is not intuitive. I found that I need to punch 'em quite late in game and still not feel good
- Menus on NPCs still don’t contain [X] button in right corner to dismiss it.
- The precipice minimap is not displayed properly
- On Primalist tree, major 25 points node is named Spell Blade in Shaman class
Combat overall feels clunky. Responsivity of actions could be better, more fluid. I take fluidity of combat from f.e. Grim Dawn or Path of exile as golden standard (from feeling point of view). Melee range skills are punished by void aura with no other way to mitigate damage. Also enemies hit quite hard which I have no problem with but manual dodging is somehow not feeling good (maybe it is caused by responsivity of actions, or effects like slow that enemies apply on you and you can’t effectively see them).
I would like to see some bar with actuall effects on character : buffs / debuffs
Skill trees on the other hand look very promising. It will take some time to find some good combinations but it is almost there!
I kinda like also new mastery system yet there’s lot of work, mainly in wording of skills. We’ll see where it grows.
Monsters have weird death animation which is not looking good. Attacks they use are also not visible sometimes.
- One piece of music (with strong acoustic guitar theme) really reminds me Asturias. Quite nice!
- The last refuge outskirts - there’s bridge made from fallen pillar. One is standing next to it. From logical point of view why would anyone build two such a big pillars next to themselves?
It grinds my gears.
- The armoury - how is that the forges downthere are still running? It seems void creatures have no interest to forge anything.
- Locations layout has been overall improved. I appreciate it but also some kind of rewards for exploring side ways would be nice. (f.e. Enderal supported exploration by adding mushrooms here and there which increased small amount of weight capacity. In this game it could be like permanent +1 resistance / + 1 health … )
- I think player should be able to cleanse void sources in area. How can I continue through map if there’s danger (I know about and leave behind) that can kill my people?
- Melee is still really dangerous compared to range (Auras, swirling blades, being hit/against not beeing hit in distance)
- Poping up enemies from void source could be faster.
- Life leech still sucks
- Precipice map bug remains
- Breaking barrels is still not intuitive
- FPS drops when killing more enemies at once (Erasing strike)
- Minimap can be enlarged now - good
- The best forum editing I have ever witnessed! Really good job!