Elemental Nova ideas

In case its not very obvious by now, im bored and dont have heaps to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

So I reworked Elemental Nova to allow single element as well as triple element builds, and greater access to modifiers without having to lock into a specific element. I tried to keep most of the original nodes and effects, but did move some to new areas and added some new ones. This gave each element its own ā€˜feelā€™. Fire now feels beefy with its damage and AoE Nodes. Lightning adds crit and speed and Ice feels very defensive and mana efficient.

Link

Im SO SO excited about this one, it has some really fun mechanics:

• Two pure fire builds - Ignite and AoE
  • Two pure Lightning builds - Pure Crit or ranged static charge
  • Four pure Cold builds each with three of the following four effects - (1) No mana Cost, (2) Increased freeze time, (3) Mini Frost Novas and (4) reduced elemental and physical damage taken.
  • One Fire and Lightning build
  • An ungodly amount of non-specialized (3 element) builds which can dabble into all of the above in tons of different and unique ways.
  • Able to hybridize single element builds in really interesting ways (Increased AoE Freeze build, targetable Fire builds, lightning builds that trigger mini frost novas, Freeze builds that also put shock charges).

I should note that when i say ā€œone buildā€ I mean if you just dump all your points into that direction to max its effectiveness. You could also put your points elsewhere for slightly different effects.

Also opens the door for some really strong unique or set items e.g.

• ā€œYou can target Novaā€™sā€ (saving you a whopping 8 points!)
  • ā€œFrost Nova no longer reduces damageā€ (Freeze damage build weeeee!)
  • ā€œFire Nova can add one additional Igniteā€
  • ā€œStatic charges are replaced with a lightning bolt from the sky that strikes 3 times in rapid successionā€
  • ā€œMini frost novas can chain indefinitelyā€
  • ā€œFire Novaā€™s ā€œincreased Area of Effectā€ is converted to ā€œincreased damageā€ at 50% efficiency. Fire novaā€™s actual area of effect is now melee rangeā€
  • ā€œEnemies frozen by Frost Nova take 30% increased damageā€

Im getting way to into this. Gunna go calm down! haha

2 Likes

This one has been a pretty big debate for a long time. Iā€™m not going to get into it again but I will say that I much prefer being able to go down some of the paths without a mandatory, ā€œset this elementā€ node. Once again, tons of awesome stuff in here and Iā€™ve got it saved for later :slight_smile: Keep em coming!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.