Does the Tier level of an affix have any impact on the Shattering Rune Results?

Just a quick question…

Does the Tier level of an affix have any impact on the shattering rune process?

i.e.

If I shatter a sword with T1 +melee damage vs a sword with T5 +melee damage… does this make any difference to the number of +melee damage affixes created?

The tooltip says random, but all things considered, I thought I would ask if anyone knows. Main reason is that shatter runes can get expensive and I would rather shatter higher tier items if I knew that I would be more likely to get affixes (or more affixes) that way.

Anecdotally, I find that shattering T6/T7 items does tend to give more affixes overall but it does not neccessarily equate to more of the higher Tier affix… just more affixes.

Yes, the max number of affix shards you can get is 1 per tier. So a T5 melee damage weapon will give anywhere between 1 & 5 melee damage shards. The minimum shards you’ll get is 1, but if you have multiple affixes on an item it’s entirely possible to get just 1 shard. IMO, the shatter rune rolls to give you a shard for each tier of each affix.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.