Disintegrate OP nerf please [Parental Advisory Explicit Content]

I genuinely didn’t know if i should post this as Bug Report or as a Suggestions to nerf this specific interaction.

I think allowing to go over 100% crit to further boost this interaction is totally fine.
But the Flat 100% Base Crit from Gambler’s Fallacy should not be multiplied by any crit modifiers and instead be just flat added at the end of any crit calculation.

What i did there on the screenshot is not even remotely min-maxed.
This is straight broken.

I just stopped trying to abuse this, since it is “boring”, to be so overpowered.

4 Likes

Yeah, but does it not suck?

Also, do you have Lightning Aegis (for some more lightning damage)? 'cause your damage number is looking a bit low there.

Lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Btw… the “Recently” on the Gamblers… do you know if this is this the usual 4 seconds or longer?

Please go stick it to Lagon & the Emperor of Corpses before you stop using it…

Screenshot please… :wink:

2 Likes

Finally Desintegrate is viable! Good job @Heavy. Will copy this build asap :slight_smile:

disintegrate was not used before, it was considered one of the weakest skills in game
i think its intended interaction of 2 unic items.
Many builds can reach those numbers on dummy
Actually on real fight your numbers will be at least 6-7 times lower.

• you don’t have any shred mechanics with disintegrate, dont forget its not hit.
1 Like

it no matter for this build,
You never crit with Dots
And buff lasts forever.
Its just interaction of amulet and offhand last bonus

You can have it cast Lightning Blast which can proc shock & spark charges which can shock/shred for you.

Edit: Though if you do use Lightning Blast/spark charges, they would probably crit & bork the damage buff.

That is not tue, my strongest mage build was disintegrate with 2 different variations, even before the patch

It sounds like you are speaking on behalf of an entire group of the community, please don’t do that. Simply voicing your own personal opnion/experience is more than enough to contribute to any discussion

The “pure number” is pretty irrelevant. This is a freakin DoT spells that is not doing this damage once every now and then, but is doing dmage in that margin every second

Also not ture, disintegrate, while not “hitting” has one of the strongest shred/shock support of any other skills.
It’s harder to scale it up even more, since all of the genral shock on hit doesn’t work.
But still the shock part of disintegrates tree is insanely strong

It’s the usual 4 seconds.
This unqiue is truely great, even for “non broken” builds.
Definitely more niche, but can be worked around in a bursty context.

I think disintegrate snapshots your crit chance when you start channeling

I watch streams, check ladder, read forums.
The reason, its yours strongest sorc build, doesn’t make it automatically good.

Incorrect

I can’t say much for streams/streamers, since i do not consume that content.

Ladder is only available for Arena currently, which starts to scale ridiculously at some point any ANY channeled skill falls off in the higher end of the arena.

I am very active on the forum and yes i already read some people complaining about disintegrate not working that well, but they already buffed disintegrate quite often over the last few patches. Still those few people on the forums do not reflect “the general opinion” very well, as it never does, regardless of the matter.

Well, you don’t know me and i don’t know you that well.

But i would consider myself a very experienced player and i already played dozen, no hundreds of different builds. I can tell if a build/skill is overall “good” or “bad”.

I did clear all timelines in MoF with ease, while almost facetanking anything, except some exceptions.
It can be argued that MoF is “too easy”, but it’s a pretty good staple of measuring a builds strenght or at least comparing builds. And Disintegrate was average or above average at all times for me.

Of course that is still only my opinion and you can of course disagree.

But i would still ask you to not speak on behalf of others.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

i tested it with backfire node.
It is correct.

I like trying builds built around a particular unique and this one definitely seems like it has the potential to actually be useful late game (unlike most current uniques) …

Did some further testing and it is indeed snapshoting the crit. That is weird, because before transitioning i had lots of different hits in my build and for some reason my disintegrate dealt alot less damage.

So i just assumed it doesn’t and didn’t much further investigation.

Adding hits to your build that bork your crit chance would make this builds still alot clunkier, since channeling builds are already a bit clunky by themselves.

Agree,
The only thing it can be useful for is shock/shred, that can be supported with gear now

Except Disintegrate can’t shock/shred on hit because it doesn’t hit, so the shock/shred on hit from gear won’t work for Disintegrate (though if you’re supporting it with the Lightning Blast while channelling node then you could get your shock/shred from that)…

We were talking about any “hits” that occur outside of Disintegrates damage.

lol those are rookie numbers son…

I remember when I thought 200k hits were big too :wink:

now you got people with dots ticking over 2mil…

1 Like