Different skills for left and right mouse button

That’s what I miss. Currently it’s only possible to use on left click the same skill as on right click. Why? Does not make any sense, in my opinion. I don’t know, probably mouse software like razer synapse or something similar could be a workaround for some players, but I’d like to see that as basic functionality of the game.

There is a history with left mouse button. They tried reinvent the wheel but too many people are just used to left mouse casting. Now they have issue with number of skills on skill bar, they don’t want to allow more than 5, so they brought us this half-assed solution which, IMHO, does not work for anyone - instead of changing UI.

It’s weird there is no clear communication from their side if this is their final design or they are working on some UI changes so we can use our left mouse button for another skill. Not sure what to think about it.

While it is not ideal in the current state, you can get different skills on left and right click. First, you need to assign ability slot 4 to be right click and ability slot 5 to be something random you don’t intend to use. Then set left click to be move or use ability slot 5. You will then have ability 5 on left click and ability 4 on right click. Yes they will then be backwards in the UI.

@ManiaCCC This is not the final design.

We are still working on what the best way to tackle this is. It’s a very polarizing issue with specific requirements for people that others couldn’t care less about. Basically, we need to have a move only button. Something that ignores everything and just moves no matter what. While this isn’t super important for many people, lots others wouldn’t even look twice at the game if we don’t have this option. We also need to have a set number of skills that can go on your bar. This might mean that we need 2 different HuD configurations.

In the meantime, if you want to get left/right click to use different abilities, there is a temporary work around.

2 Likes

I would agree, it’s a very contentious subject among many users on the Steam forums (and elsewhere I imagine).

Now a little off topic, but Happy Canada Day! :canada:

Is it possible to have a shift click option to work on two levels, both walking and attacking, So you left click your way to the enemy then while holding shift + left click attack him?

Thanks for this workaround, that’s perfectly suites me. I agree that it’s not most demanded option, it’s typically needed when you play tank character who does not often use lots of abilities. In my case, for example, I needed Vengeance on left button as main attack skill, and shield rush on right button as main movement skill (cause juggernaut stance is slow otherwise).

Don’t know if you already thought about this:

Maybe it is possible to add a checkbox on the skillbar. By clicking the box the player selects the skill that would be casted on left mouseclick (in case move+attack is chosen). Make it only 1 checkbox can be active. To switch skills the player has to uncheck the actually used skill and check a new one. If the player does not check any skill, right mouse skill is being used by default.

You could also add this check box to the keybinding settings alternatively.

1 Like

Personally, I think it should just use slot 4 and the UI could morph slightly to make it clear. That way it’s always in the proper order. I feel like most people who do want a skill on click want different ones.

Yeah, you’re right. This would be the easiest way to be implemented.

Just too easy for me to be recognised :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The current “move or attack” functionality has a bad interaction with mobs with hitboxes larger than their models- this is especially notable in the Lagon fight when you pretty much have to switch to Move Only in order to reliably move at all since his hitbox is apparently the entire screen.

Yea, Lagon is a little funky…

In any case, I would definitely enjoy the addition of a force-move keybind in addition to the current slot 5 keybind currently called “move”. Ideally a redesign to a more basic skill 1-2-3 then 4-5 defaulting to left and right click, removing the current slot 5 that I know other people want.

In addition as noted here the behavior of the current Move-Attack mode is a bit underwhelming in that it currently does not acquire new targets under the cursor on the fly as they enter a skill’s range under the cursor. I know there are good reasons for that, would take some work to design and implement (and I personally use a workaround), but still, I’m noting it here in the hope we get a constant Move-Attack to the masses.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.