Crashing (same between patches)

Yes, the last driver I was able to play a little longer, say between 7 to 10 minutes. I apologize, I cant remember the version number of the last driver.

I will play a few more times to see if it gets better or stays the same. Will update this post.

Youā€™re fine! No worries. I was wondering if it was just something caused by the newest patch. What area are you going through in the game right now?

Just the very beginning after you get to the hub.
Also, was playing a sentinel with the the whirlwind skill, hammer throw, shield charge.

Edit: Did another run through, and the crash seemed to happen in combat. I avoided combat for around 10 minutes and just ran around breaking tables, pots, chairs, etcā€¦ Then I got into combat and after about 20 mobs, the game hard crashed. Didnā€™t get the normal crash icon that pops up in the middle of the screen.

Edit, after most recent update of 0.7.8C crash in around 5 minutes. (currently not using the vulkan wrapper yet)

error.log (54.4 KB)

Give the Vulkan wrapper a try thatā€™s in another thread (I think itā€™s called Constant Crashing). It works for some folks!

I may try that out, thank you!

Saw the new patch and wanted to give a crash log for it. This is in the Necropolis of the Deep.

078c.zip (317.9 KB)

Is the area that has the new chapter 8 boss in it? I saw Thyworm streaming during the fight before the main boss and he was pulling around 4 fps. He got more frames when he lured the fight to the upper left part of the arena, then his frames shot up. I think he was using a GTX 2080

I donā€™t think so. Iā€™m just running along fighting some skeletons and then oh hey crash. Takes about 5 minutes. If Iā€™m outside of that zone I can go about 30-45 before crashing.

Ah, no worries. Ive been in The Last Archive in the beginning of the game.

My first set of crashes like this was in an area called something like Ruins of Eterra. The difference for me was that in that part of the game I was able to just run by everything. I canā€™t do that now :(.

Seriously though, give that Vulkan wrapper a try.

Just had a very long session doing trial runs. About an hour and a half long, I think? Crashed once I started combat in an area. Hereā€™s the log.

error.zip (1.3 MB)

While I canā€™t be certain of it, I think the two crashes Iā€™m getting are different. One is area based, like the previous Ruins of Eterra crash and the one in the logs in this post are the same as the other 5700xt users.

Just wanted to report that putting the shadows on very low has gotten me through the zone that I was crashing in. I even went slow through it to try. Have not played long enough to see if crashing is still an issue.

After setting shadows to very low, I have not had a crash. I created a new mage character, and knocked out a few quests. I havenā€™t used the wrapper either, so it seems the shadows had something to do with a lot of my crashes. Good sign, and Iā€™m happy I can get further in the game now! Will update if I come across a crash later.

I have been constantly crashing. I tried the Vulcan wrapper, it helped with some unity crashes but it doesnā€™t do anything for the black screen (stopped responding) crashes that Iā€™ve been constantly getting. Sometimes I can go for a couple of hours without one, sometimes itā€™s repeatedly.

PC specs : i9 7980XE, RTX 2060s, 64 GB DDR4 3400hz RAM. Game is installed on an m.2 SSD. Running windows 10. Everything is updated, drivers and os. GPU temperature while running is 32C. CPU is idle at 22C. My pc aint overheating. No distortion graphically. This only happens with this game and everyone else seems to be having problems.

You guys need to release a stability patch soon.

Edit : I tried playing with the graphic details. Everything is at very low, makes no difference.

Last days some Intel rigs are crashing as same AMD rigs. Any info about this problem will be nice.

This line : WARNING: Shader Unsupported: ā€˜Enviro/BumpedDiffuseOverlaySM2ā€™ - Pass ā€˜FORWARDā€™ has no vertex shader

And this : A scripted object (probably ShaderPainterObjectID?) has a different serialization layout when loading.

And this : Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh

SUGGESTS that their coding is whack, which is causing all the crashes. It is not our hardware.

Sure isnā€™t our hardware. I play a lot of games. None is crashing.

And yet if it were as simple as the software being dodgy, everyone would be having this issue surely? I would assume itā€™s particular hardware combinations having issues with the software (which is not to say it doesnā€™t need fixing asap).

Hey all!

Apologies for the lack of communication so far.

We are aware of a specific issue affecting Windows users with certain graphics cards that results in severe instability. We have been discussing the situation with AMD, and both we and they continue to actively investigate the problem.

Please note that if you are experiencing crashes with an Nvidia or Intel GPU - or you do have an AMD graphics card but you are not using Windows - your issue is unrelated and we suggest creating a new thread and including both your system information and log file.

In the meantime, we know that some members of the community have found workarounds that mitigate the issue. We wanted to clarify that, while we are unable to offer support for such modifications, the workarounds described in this thread are indeed permitted.

Hi everyone!

Weā€™ve just released 0.7.8f which includes a fix for crashes on AMD graphics cards, and may help in other situations.

If youā€™re still having crashes after the update, please provide the information listed in this support article in a new thread. Details about your build and what you were doing at the time of the crash is also helpful, particularly if it happens multiple times. Thanks!