Crashes on loading screen

You are not alone. I’m also experiencing crashes, but on transitions from one zone to another. Sometimes the zones are all black (except for HUD overlay), but occasionally just crashes to desktop.

By loading screen I also mean going from zone to zone. And the black screen youre talking about also happens to me occasionally.

Sorry about this! We haven’t been experiencing this issue internally and it doesn’t seem to be a common issue, so that makes this more difficult to investigate.

When uploading your crash report files make sure to include all the files in the folders, not just the .dmp files. This will give us the most information possible. Your system information is also very helpful to determine if this issue is hardware dependent. Could you please upload these files?

Thanks!

Here is my system info, hope it helps.
DxDiag.zip (15.0 KB)

It’s been a few days I tried a lot of different things such as lowering graphics, limiting fps and such. I thought that it might be a CPU issue but I have a processor that is stated on steam as “recommended” so that shouldn’t be the case. I’m pretty frustrated because I really like the game but really can’t play. I managed to get to monolith but I crash almost every time on the loading screen to a quest echo for some reason. Sometimes the crash occurs on loading screen to regular monolith but not that often.

Update from my testing: if I have MS Edge running with Youtube, I can get the crashes to happen regularly. For the past 2 days, I have played with no issues (no crashes or map disappearing) if I kill MS Edge before I start playing LE. Unsure if just having MS Edge up is enough or if Youtube is part of the issue. Read on another LE ‘crash’ thread that someone was having similar issues when Chrome was running.

I know what you’re talking about. The game is great, but with constant crashes…
Did you try verifying your files on steam?
Did you try the standalone client?

I tried verifying files a few times but they seem to be fine. Im not sure what you mean by standalone client tho.

The thing is:
I am also experiencing a lot of crashes while playing this game. I tried a lot of things, nothing worked. Ignore the standalone client I was talking about (but you can download it from the LE-Homepage in your login section).

Yesterday evening I reinstalled my whole Win10 System. I got no dev repsonse even after weeks - same with many other threads in this sub. So we are on our own here - or at least it feels like it…

Reading the dump-files it’s almost always the same error: Access violation by UnityPlayer.dll
I put some time into this, so here we go:

• If you got Citrix installed -> Thats your problem. Uninstall, done.
  • If you don’t got Citrix -> Good luck. It’s probably(!) some other piece of software on your PC fucking it up.

I got stuff like Visual Studio and Unity Editor on my PC, which I think caused some problems here. Maybe it was TeamViewer. Who knows…

Give me a few days to try my system now after a clean install and I will tell you if it worked.
It would also be very interesting to see a list of installed software from others with the same crashes. There has to be something in common.

Yeah I think the devs ignore this issue for some reason. They also said here that this doesnt seem to be common issue which is pretty false. I can find plenty of threads like this where people put the crash reports devs say thanks and thats it. No response. Pretty frustrating.

Also I agree that it has to be some software issue. My PC is capable of running much more demanding games without any problems.

OK, a clean reinstall of Windows with only the neccessary stuff (drivers, steam, LE) changed nothing.
ou can read my journey here:

I couldn’t fix it. And nobody is helping. No idea. Maybe I’ll check back in half a year or something. But right now I’m just regretting throwing my money at this.

Good luck man!

I also tried various things and nothing seems to work. I have no clue what to do at this point so I will just wait for updates and hope it helps.
Good luck to you as well.

I regulary have some crashes right after loading into a new zone as well.
Several people reported this already, but nothing happens.
Devs ask for logs and… that’s it, nothing happens.

This specific issue should be easy to pinpoint and to solve, since it always happens the same way. Right after loading into a new zone, your character spawns and the game freezes right away. Personally my game never crashes other than like this.
Loading into a new zone triggers something that makes the game stop responding.

To clarify here-- the reason there hasn’t been much progress recently on this is that it’s not easy to pinpoint. While for some users this issue happens quite frequently, we aren’t able to reproduce this issue when we test it on our own computers. If we can make an issue happen on our own computers internally, it’s much easier to resolve (though can still take some time).

We do take crashing issues seriously and collect log files so that we can further analyze them for patterns, but unfortunately that doesn’t always lead to potential solutions. Additionally, we have to balance time spent on this against developing/testing new content, bug fixes, optimizations, etc.

We will be working to address these issues over time. If anyone else is coming to report a similar problem, I would encourage you to post the files mentioned in this support article in a new thread.

getting similar issues, just started a few days ago. after i cleared first island in Monolith and selected 62 as next. Have had several Windows updates in the past week or so, so not sure if one of those happened in this time frame. Hanging on startup, if i start again can usually get past that, then hangs on zone in to 1st echo. Today i pushed on and it let me do one, but crashed in the next. Unfortunately results in 2 steps forward 1 step back :slight_smile:
Crash files from tonight: Crash_2020-11-19_042719292.zip (44.9 KB)

incidentally previous crash groups like this seemed to be fixed by 1) verifying the file integrity in steam - checks out Ok for these. and 2) turning of anti-aliasing in settings. Now not sure if the previous AA fix actually worked or it is just random, since i am crashing again.

I have the same issue :frowning:

multiple crashes happened to me, all of them at the start of the zone. Before 0.8 this was an issue while farming monolith, now it happens during campaign, cannot even level my Rogue :confused:
My log of the last crash and dxdiag:
info.zip (32.4 KB)

So the new patch is here and it seems like nothing has changed really. I logged in hyped for the new class and right after i beat the first boss the game crashes as always. I think I’m done with this.