Crashes+a weird issue

So I currently use a laptop with a rtx 2060, 16gb ram etc.

The game will crash (ok usually just boot back into game and play) but here is the ODD issue.

-Nvidia gpu not detected
-reboot, bsod with gpu error.
-this doesn’t happen with Poe
-hasnt happened ever
-gpu and cpu temps are under 62c and no where close to Max load.

-how to fix; power off, unplug, replug, power on.
-windows is updated
-firmware up to date
-nvidia drivers up to date etc etc

Why is a game crash from last Epoch disabling my gpu? Like I can’t open Nvidia programs because it says no gpu detected on this system after LE crashes. Restarting the PC doesn’t fix it, a full power down does. This is absolutely baffling

Sorry about this! I agree that this is certainly odd. Could you upload the files mentioned in this support article so we can look into this?

how to upload the files from the crash folder? say’s i cant. iam currently running windowsdbg to view it

in crash folder is the crash.dmp
player
error error.log (67.0 KB)
Player.log (33.3 KB)

Hm, I haven’t seen an error like that before. It seems like the game might be failing to detect your GPU properly, or similar. I would try to repair the game and see if that improves things.

also here crash dumb log.txt (12.7 KB)

also posted on twitter about the issue and 2 microsoft official accounts messaged me and we went through some trouble shooting.

everything on my laptop is up to date / drivers / windows / framework / firmware / complete uninstall of Nvidia display adapter+drivers and clean install.

game will run about 15 minutes to 1 hour, crash and then my gpu doesnt work until i power off / back on (restart gives 1 bsod and gpu still wont detect unless power off)

i have a acer predator PT515-51 and is very new.

also this is the first issue i have had, no other games have created this problem or other issues.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.