Crash Fix Suggestions?

Hello everyone. I love this game but with all this crashes is unplayable and i can’t test things restarting every 15 minutes. When i think i got why it happens, it happens again and again and again. I´ve been reading trough the forum to see if i can find a solution, but in the meanwhile i’ll put my specs here, in case some kind soul can help me :grinning:

System Information

Time of this report: 
         Machine name: 
           Machine Id: 
     Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 
             Language: 
  System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
         System Model: MS-7A38
                 BIOS: 
            Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor             (12 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
               Memory: 8192MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 8144MB RAM
            Page File: 5411MB used, 7852MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

Display Devices

Card name: Radeon RX 570 Series

Have a nice day! Thanks!

I can provide much more information if any dev passes by this, i would love to keep playing but for now is impossible!

Thanks again in advance!

Hi Johnny, we are aware of an issue that is affecting some users of video cards like that one. We are just testing a solution at the moment. There will be a patch when it’s fixed and it will be mentioned in the patch notes.

1 Like

Thanks Mike! I don’t know if it helps but i can say that in this patch, on the other hand, my performance improved by a LOT. The crash normally is unity related or a freeze followed by some ingame sound that keeps happening for a few seconds after but i have to close the program or a crash that instantly closes the game. I also noticed that going back to areas was crashing the game and that it was running a lot smoother in interior instances like the first act caves in comparision to “open sky” instances!

Thanks again!

Hope you are doing well!

Hi there,

We’ve just released 0.7.8f which includes a fix for crashes on AMD graphics cards.

If you’re still having crashes after the update, please provide the information listed in this support article. Details about your build and what you were doing at the time of the crash is also helpful, particularly if it happens multiple times. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice! Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!

I wanted so bad to tell you it was right around the corner but it just hadn’t quite finished QA yet.

Eheh! No problem. Thanks again!

In the end was a good thing! If i knew that it would be in a few hours, i would not even slept!

Hey! Thanks again! I just want to point out that i’ve crashed again entering ruins of welryn and another random crash happened. I’m still figuring out how to change my username (now in the local disk user file) because it had an ~ and for that i’m not allowed to compress the dxdiag. I can send it in .txt anyway if it helps. Where do i find on steam the rest of information needed to report? Can’t find appdata anywhere

What did it say in your player log? Was it “failed to create staging 2D texture”? Upload your player log and crash log for them to look at.

I crash whenever I enter the sheltered woods, the ruins of welryn and some other locations because their textures are faulty. I assume you have an Nvidia or Intel GPU?

Hey there!

It may be necessary to set Windows to Show Hidden Files for the AppData folder to be shown.

It should be possible to upload a DxDiag to the forum without compression.

You can see my specs above! I probably have to set Windows to show hidden files as show in @Sarno post, since i have no idea what are you talking about! Eheh

I will try to do it. Since i played some more sessions (and did not crash), i guess the log is unnecessary for now, right? But i will reply with the dxdiag (from after the Crash) txt file when i am back home. Thanks!

Btw, i posted in another thread a problem of stash and characters disappearing. I am almost sure it has to do with connecting and changing to Steam. I unnistaled LE (website) .exe to install the steam version and it reseted everything. If it’s too hard to recover, i don’t mind starting fresh again! Thanks a lot!

DxDiag.txt (81.2 KB)
Here it is! A file from after the crash! thanks!

I also managed to activate hidden files, but still can’t compress it to zip, even after changing the username of the pc [ the problem seems to be the username having a (~) ] error.log (74.1 KB) Player.log (3.5 MB) So i can’t send the crash.dmp.

Thanks again!

It looks like you haven’t installed the latest version of Last Epoch. We included a fix for crashes on AMD graphics cards in the latest version (0.7.8f), so you should update.

Make sure to open the game by running Launcher.exe, not Last Epoch.exe (which is in a subfolder next to Launcher.exe). This will start the patcher to ensure your game is up to date.

I did! Maybe that was a foder from before i did that… Ups sorry!