Shard Loot Mechanics

Here is the thing !

When we click on a shard we loot them all plus we dont need to care because the invotory space is “limitless” for comp so…

Why do not make them loot like potion or gold instead ? just walking on them = loot

If you fear the player will not understand that they have loot some you can make it an activable option in the menu ?

Its just ergonomics and clearly not a top priority but i think it could be a good idea

2 Likes

Hey… welcome to the forum… :wink:

I think I read in this forum on an old post that the reason that shards dont auto-loot like gold/potions is that they might be tradeable when the trading system is in place and once you have put them into the Forge inventory, you cant get them out again.

pure speculation at this point as the devs have not commented specifically (that I know) about this.

1 Like

Thanks

I see they want to create a “currency trade” but doing so with a systeme that once they are in your forge invotory they are lock is… weird should i say… In PoE it work because special stash make it happen you can stock them without much through of it and then sell them when you need gold or other currency but here… the invotory is lock so the way i see it if they do that they must “unlock” the forge invotory …

i believe you can technically remove them from your stash but it’s a bit of a hassle… iirc, you have to put an item in the forge, select the shard you want as if you were going to apply it to the item, then drag it from the forge (the little box adjacent to where the stability/guardian glyphs go) to your inventory.

however when they implement the “bazaar” they’ve talked about (without any further information as to how it actually works), i would think you could just list a number of them for sale and have them taken out automatically when the sale completes. i don’t think we’ll have the (awful) PoE trade interface where we actually have to physically move the item into our inventory and then into another window and also have enough free inventory space to accept the trade, despite us missing out on “pLeaSiNg SoCiaL iNTeRaCtIOns”.

Im sure they would rework their interface to select our shard with more ease like listed them in the forge menu directly instead of this weird way of doing so xD

I like that ! or they can make a global NPC to worldwide trade with his own stash (like many MMO before)

i suspect we already know the NPC. i think he’s the guy who tells the horrible knock-knock joke next to the vendor south of the waypoint in End of Time.

And it can be introduce by the Trader quest in Divine Era

You can remove them from the crafting stash, it’s not even particularly hard. All you need to do is find the affix you want, click on it then take the shard from the box it appears in (in the bottom left of the crafting screen where you select runes) and put it in your inventory.

2 Likes

Yeah this way of doing so is weird but i guess it has something to do with the fact that item dont stack in invotory

Plus while i was thinking of it… it mean that nothing prevent my idea to be implemented in the game even if yes to retrive your shard its weird you still can do so

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.