Could anyone tell me game-story?

Hi!
I’m ashamed to admit that my English is not good, and I write and read on the forums using translation sites. :sob:

I have a rough understanding of the basic game system as an ARPG, based on years of gameplay experience, but my understanding of the story is completely lacking. I’ve skimmed most of the in-game dialogue and background at the start of the game because I can’t copy-paste and translate it.
※I’m not asking for those features.

I am playeing this game over 600h, but few days ago, yes, just few days ago, I noticed to Fallen-Yulia in timeline. :crazy_face:
Until then, I was satisfied that killing all moving monster only, but after noticed it, I’ve become interested in game story.
So I read the lore page on the official website and describe the expected story through my playing.

Sorry to bother you but, could anyone tell me “true” game-story?
I’m thinking that if it’s a forum text, I’ll be able to translate it and get accurate story knowledge.
I’m not particularly sure about the items marked with a question mark.

My anticipated game story.

1 The player was originally one of the humans in divine era, and in essence, I encountered an elder from the future world while on a walk.

2 When I saved the elders, they wanted me to save the future world, so I decided to go.

3 I defeated Orobyss, the god of Void, despite being interrupted by humans who had fallen into Void. However, he was sent to the Imperial Era by the elders who wanted to prevent the beginning of humanity’s decline.:question:

4 That empire was ruled by a king who had inherited Rahyeh’s commandments and accepted the power of the undead.

5 However, it was clear that I was not strong enough.
Julia had managed to seal the king, but not to defeat him.
In order to defeat the king, he had been instructed by Julia to receive power from the gods that Ettera had birthed in the age of the gods.:question:

6 When we flew to the divine era, we were just faced with a scene where Rahyeh was waging war on Heorot. Heorot was eventually defeated, but he gived his power with me. In addition, I decided to take the power of the god of the west, Lagon.

7 My visit was pleased with Lagon, but his fickle nature meant that he imposed an ordeal before granting him power. When I overcame the trials, Lagon gave me the power.

8 Returning to the Imperial Era to defeat the undead king? Act 9:question:

What’s happening in each timeline:
・I can fight the mountain and sun god Rahyeh.
・Lagon gets serious in the Era.
・Yulia has fallen because she’s tired of thinking about the world.
・I can fights the Void before the world fallen to the Void.
・I can fight alongside the people of the North before the undead empire takes over.:question:

Other Questions:
・Judging by the Emperor’s reaction and Julia’s behavior, she comes from the Ruined era? Is she a spy who wanted to destroy the undead empire in the guise of assisting it?
・Majatha doesn’t want to get involved with humans, so she doesn’t give us any particular power? Or maybe it will come out in Act 9?
・The Woman who fight before Lagon, Is she a mediator of Lagon?
・Was it an observer carved the letters into the time monolith?

Thank you !

1 Like

That’s mostly correct, but some of the details aren’t quite right.

Spoilers, obviously
  1. The person you meet with the shard isn’t from the future, they are trying to keep the shard of the Epoch away from Rahyeh’s forces & you interrupt their attack & take the shard which throws you into the far future (Ruined Era).

2. Can’t remember the name of the end boss that you kill in the temple to get the other shard but I don’t think he’s a god per se. But when you kill him you take the second shard of the Epoch & get sent to the End of Time.
    3a) Then you get sent back to the Imperial Era, eventually meet up with Yulia who believes she has met you before (though it was likely another traveller from the future/past/sideways/whatever) & has devised a plant to kill the Immortal Emperor

3. Yulia realises she ****ed up & her initial plan didn’t work, so she freezes the emperor then sends you back to the Divine Era to collect the power of the other gods in the hope that that will be enough to kill the Immortal Emperor the next time round…

4. My assumption is that after we go & get the power of Majasa in chapter 9

• we then go & try to kill the Emperor back in the Imperial Era,
  • or potentially stop him from becoming the Emperor in the first place
  • or kill Rahyeh 'cause it’s probably his fault

I do wonder whether our collecting all of the powers of the other gods gives Gruel the power to become the Emperor in the first place, thereby closing the loop.

The Architect is Lagon’s high priestess.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! :joy:

Your outline is helpful for me to understand story.
I’ll just re-play it again based on this outline, while thinking a new build.

But what if the Emperor is another person hiding in shadows and waiting for opportunity?

If I remember correct Yulia in future regrets that she let down Gruel.

1 Like

Indeed! While I think Gruel is the most likely of the characters we know of, it’s entirely possible it’s just some rando.

I wish it will be another person, so it will make story more interesting and intriguing. :blush:

P.S: I wonder what are the bindings between Orobyss and Eterra - are they relatives or maybe they are husband and wife?

POSSIBLE SPOILERS, BUT MOSTLY THEORIES

I think that WE, the player, are Orobyss, which is why when you enter the Temple of Eterra, and approach the Lotus, it first thinks we are Eterra, then realizes we aren’t, then it starts screaming that Orobyss is free.

I think Grael is the Immortal Emperor. Given the possibility of the other 3’s powers. You could wager that Grael has the essence of Rahyeh. There are many lines by him leading me to believe this, but he does talk about gathering an army to defeat Rahyeh. And while not exactly the same, Grael and the Emperor’s stance, cape, hanging belt, and bare chested give it away.

I think we will attempt to reason with Grael before he becomes the IE. And possibly have to use force to stop him.

Yulia is Yulia. Yulia feels she let down Grael, possibly by him being corrupted by the Lance or Gods’ essence. Yulia has the essence of Heorot.

We know what happens to Harton. Harton clearly has the essence of Lagon.

We don’t know about Zerrick yet, but my theory is either:
A- The Oracle is Zerrick. Going solely that there’s not much difference between a spy and an oracle, and she definitely recognizes us somehow. It’s a stretch because of the era we meet her in.
B- We will meet the human version of Zerrick when we go to the desert in search of Majasa’s blessing.
Zerrick will have the essence of Majasa, being a cross between snake-like, and grub-like.

My theory is that Grael used the Lance and the essence of the gods (we can assume that there are no living gods in the Imperial Era), to create the monstrous versions of themselves in order to defeat Rahyeh. Doing so possibly triggered the player’s (Orobyss’) awakening, and bringing forth the Void.

I haven’t figured how Alric figures into the story, because Yulia knows we knew him, but recognized that he didn’t know who the player was, and the player doesn’t remember. It’s possible that he’s Zerrick, but I doubt it. It may be possible that he’s a reincarnation of Eterra, but I doubt that too.

I would think more brother and sister. Probably twins.

2 Likes

Interesting hypothesis. Taking into account travelling between different time lines we, our character, can become the Orobyss.

P.S: You reminded me about main hero in “Summoner” game - at the end you could unite all shards of dead god and resurrect him, i.e. to reborn into him.

Grael is the Immortal Emperor

ah so other people think it to? I thought it only because him and Yulia were close and he doesnt appear in the Imperial Age or w/e but Hargon is there

Grael could die in original timeline in fight against Rahyeh and someone else was able to use the Lance to get the power. :man_shrugging:

Person runs arround smashing things and looting things and crafting things while beeing pissed about npcs along the way with tiresome quests that offer no good loot while they are rambling about stuff noone cares about.

That’s the story I got so far but to be honest I make one story walkthrough after the release to get everything in one polished go and never bother with it again ever ^^.

1 Like

I think that WE, the player, are Orobyss, which is why when you enter the Temple of Eterra, and approach the Lotus, it first thinks we are Eterra, then realizes we aren’t, then it starts screaming that Orobyss is free.

I do not understand detail of the story of this game yet, but your hypothesis shocked me !
May differ from your interpretation, but now I think it may be possible, if Ruin Era is remaining after we complete all Acts, player is cause of Ruin.
(… Of course, I also understand all that is development convenience.)

@Irrelevant

Person runs arround smashing things and looting things and crafting things

Haha, yes, it was justmy former self untill few days ago ! :laughing:

Now I really want to know detail of this story, so I will try to translate all (important) dialog in the game.
At least, now, this my eagerness is much more than my job’s eagerness :fire:
After finish it, I want to confirm the world detail of this game to you.

Thank you very much all comments !

2 Likes

What the Devs could do is, after the end/beginning of a chapter, show it on the screen how the Story of the game is so far (updates of the Story).
Another small thing that I would like them to add is to show what Chapter you are currently in. Like, for example, when you start the game, before being able to move your character, show “Chapter 1 - Name of the chapter”, and so on for the remaining chapters.

1 Like

omg I had forgotten about this game! Both of the Summoner games were fantastic, though I barely recall the story!

I think you’re missing out! I read every NPC option, and the flavor text after you’ve completed a quest with them. EHG is building a pretty good story in my opinion, and a really nice homage to Chrono Trigger.

I miss out because I want to ^^. I do it in one swoop after release when everything is there because since I started to play the game a lot changed as well.

Generally in story-telling, like mysteries or when a twist is revealed, it’s almost always more emotional payoff to have the character in question be introduced really earlier. So I hope they don’t just make it a random person or even one we haven’t yet met as that gets to far into the story.

I’ve thought about this too and wonder if he might be The Forgotten Knight. Given the Knight’s comment about you not telling him your mastery choice so he can be surprised the next time he mets you. Maybe reaching but I’ve been trying to figure out the Forgotten Knight for a while and Alric seems like the obvious candidate IF they’re intending to reveal his identity.

One sort of unrelated story thing. The quest to find The Lost Refuge. It’d be cool if they actually changed the name of the map depending on what selection you make to name it when you complete the quest.

Hah! Yes! I second this idea!

I hadn’t even considered if the Forgotten Knight had a bigger role in the story. I’ll have to reread and pay attention to what he says.

1 Like

Hi, again !

I have translated all the dialogue throughout the game.
But I want to check some things.
Could you teach me your thoughts ?

4 questions

1 Was the Gasper I met in Ruined Era actually already assisting the travelers at that time in fact?
Or did he only start supporting the travelers when the epoch shards aligned and a time loop occurred?

2 Is The Last imperial met in Ruined Era different from the Immortal Emperor?
Should I think LI is a descendant of IE?

3 Is Keeper Leena the ancestor of the Outcast seeker I met in Imperial Era?

4 Did Keeper Leena (or Epoch Shard) intentionally fly me to Ruined Era?
Or Should I think the all was accident?

Thank you !

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.