Convergence + Divergence on Lightning Blast

Does this increase the chains hitting the single target? If so by how many?

1 Like

As soon as you pick Convergence, every ā€œchainā€ just hits the initial targets delayed.
Divergence does nothing in conjuction with Convergence.

1 Like

Thank you for the info :slight_smile:

This is exactly the question I have thanks Lonnie & Heavy.

Divergence is described as: ā€œLightning Blast can Fork or Chainā€ Also if you hit ā€œALTā€ it says ā€œforking counts as chainingā€ Other nodes in the skill tree mention incompatibilities, this one does not. This the part that has me scratching my head.

also wouldnā€™t the +2 lighting base apply?

The flat damage will applies

1 Like

It would be really nice if the interaction was:

If there are multiple enemies, then lighting blast forks and only chains single target when there are less enemies than your maximum number of chains.

When I just now picked up both nodes, I was hoping that were the case. Forking for AoE trash mobs, and self chaining on tougher enemies.

That would be way to strong, having a node as strong as ā€œConvergenceā€ while having the ability to also do AoE damage would be not balanced.

There could be a Node doing your suggested thing while decreasing damage outpu drastically

I see your point Heavy,
Perhaps balanced by a note on both ā€œDivergenceā€ and ā€œConvergenceā€ saying something like:
Convergence: If taken together with ā€œDivergenceā€ reduce # chains by 3.
Convergence: If taken together with ā€œDivergenceā€ reduce # chains by 50%.

Or something?

I really like the idea of that skill working as I mentioned, with the chains. What about increased mana cost, such it wouldnā€™t be as spammable as regular lighting blast.

1 Like

Well thatā€™s another solution, probaly a better application than my suggestion.

Maybe make it a 3 or 4 point node where the negative effect gets weaker the more you put points into. That way you can balance it very good, because you needd to spend alot of points in it.

Exact nubmers can be tweaked accordingly

I agree.

I really enjoy the idea of fork(divergence) + convergence, but it would need some form of point sink and or increased mana sink. I like your idea of decreased penalty with the point sink.

I first got divergence (fork), and it was AMAZING for breaking boxes, and killing trash mobs. Then I got convergence, and it has amazing single target dps, but it being my primary attack, itā€™s a hassle shooting every single box.
I went with static discharge to auto cast lightning blast on nearby trash mobs, which helps. But manā€¦ dem boxes. It was magical with fork.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.