Controller Support Feedback

Thanks for the response

I am going to stop playing LE for quite a while, dont really want to play more without some hardware support plus ive done every build type ive wanted to test and PoE’s league is launching in 2 weeks

ill check LE out next year or on release

cheers

Anyone else have an issue with RT not working in the game at all? I know the button isn’t broken because it works in other programs. I’m on Linux Mint 19.2 using a Logitech F710 wireless controller.

Thank you for adding controller support. It’s nice to have both options to choose from in an ARPG. Maybe looking at how some other ARPGs use controller support will help figure out certain setups and being able to map the controller ourselves is a plus.

Hi

I tried out controller support (Xbox Controller) last night and had a really bad time and in the end I gave up not sure if I am doing something wrong but the default setup was using the A Button to move towards the cursor where ever that was on screen. Nothing else worked I tried the settings in option and using the calibration system everything looked good but still did not work. I take it it still being worked on?

1 Like

Any update on full controller support with aim-assist for skills (similar to Grim Dawn/Diablo)? This game looks amazing and I really want to buy it but I can’t use kb/m like I used to due to a wrist/nerve injury. Is this going to happen? Or is it still not a sure thing? Is it being worked on? Or is it on the back-burner with no guarantee it will be attempted?

1 Like

Devs said that they want to implement full controller support, but as I understand it this feature indeed on a back-burner/ready when it’s ready.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the game last night anyway and tried the controller. It’s… manageable but definitely not ideal. The game looks great though so I don’t mind putting money into it to support the team in the hopes that some day I can play it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support! Our controller functionality is not finished. It’s at a place where it’s, as you say, manageable so it did get pushed back slightly in favor of other more pressing concerns. It has not been forgotten as our Game Director has a similar need for controller support and it has been on our requirements sheet since day 1. I can’t give exact dates for updates to the system but I can say that it will get some love.

2 Likes

This is fantastic to hear. I am happy that it will be worked on. I understand other things take priority. I will keep following the updates, waiting for the day I can dive deep into the game with a controller. Thank you for the reply.

2 Likes

Tried tonight with Xbox One and Steam controllers… Sometimes the cursor movement didn’t work at all… Had to disconnect reconnect both controllers multiple times then the cursor would randomly start working. On the steam controller I had to hold the steam button on the controller to move the mouse pointer which was super odd… Then another time I had to push down on the right pad which somehow enabled cursor movement, then I could move the mouse cursor around.

Same thoughts as others, but here is my feedback.

Skills should go/trigger in the direction your character is facing… It’s way to awkward janky trying to move and also move cursor with a controller… Doesn’t feel fluid at all. Take lesson from Grim Dawn which implements the controller so good, I don’t even use KB/M with grim dawn.

Need to be able to compare items on ground with equipped items.

Need to be able to buy/sell items from vendors… Tried every possible button combo in both controllers, nothing worked… Still says to hold shift and right click…

If those things were added, controller would be solid. I love that you have added controller support, just hope you improve it and don’t forget about it. Sometimes I like to play in the living room and relax, the wife likes to watch me play games sometimes, but only if I play in the living room.

An update, I tried to play Last Epoch last night since prior to the last update that changed the UI and my controller left stick basically doesnt work at all now

I have tried removing/readding the controller but all the left stick does now is move the character left/right. even when pusing up/down on the stick

i didnt need any extra 3rd party programs to get it to work prior but something has changed in the last update. ill probably just wait til the next patch before I try it again

Can confirm that controllers do not seem to be working anymore. I tried on both the stand alone client and in the Steam client. Triggers and face buttons seem to work to use skills, but both analog sticks do not work. I go into settings to calibrate and it recognizes the left and right stick input there, but in gameplay it does nothing.

My setup is an Xbox One controller on a Windows 10 PC. Tested that the controller does work with Destiny 2 and Grim Dawn on PC and also works fine when used with my XBox One.

Edit: Going to post this in the Bug forums. Should I delete this post?

While in the game world, try turning off and on the controller after the game originally detects the controller. The analog sticks should work after that, at least they did for me (Xbone controller) and I’ve seen this work for others as well.

Awesome, yes that did work. Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

Is Switch Pro controller supported? Whenever I try to plug the controller, the game detects multiple inputs on its own even though I don’t press any buttons. For example, it will move my characters and use the spells without any buttons pressed.

The Switch Pro controller should be supported in wireless mode. There’s a chance it may work with a wired connection through Steam though as it gets"converted" to an xInput device.

This said, there are controller issues some of you are experiencing that we are still trying to reproduce, so any unexpected behaviour may be related.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

Hi! I noticed you guys already implemented system, when you can move with one joystick and aim with another. Do you plan to implement same system for PC users, with movement with keyboard and aim with mouse?

I’m playing via the steamlink app for my TV with a PS4 controller paired to it.

I created a controller profile that worked pretty well using the left stick mapped to joystick and the right stick mapped to mouse. Worked amazingly.

Stopped playing for a while but stayed at login screen. Reconnected steam link and it still worked great.

Got busy and walked away logged in. Came back and joystick didn’t work until I alt tabbed out of the game and back in. Mouse and buttons mapped to everything else still worked fine. Solely the walking joystick did not work.

Walked away for 10-15 minutes. Joystick quit working until I unmapped and selected the controller again in game config. This happened a few more times where I’d walk away and I’d have to either remap or alt tab to get the joystick to move the character.

Today after making no changes, joystick input doesn’t work at all.

I’ve rebooted my TV and PC. Game and windows up to date. I tried multiple controllers and they all have the same issue.

The left stick works perfectly fine in steam menus or ingame mapped to mouse. The calibration tool also detects joystick input without issue. Left X and Y respond normal. Mapping buttons to xInput defaults lets me map them in game and they work just fine.

xInput left joystick movement worked yesterday and refuses to work today and the issue doesn’t seem to be the TV, steamlink, my pc, the controller, or anything else. The game detects analog input on both axes in the calibration tool and responds to all other xInput.

I just can’t walk and the only thing that changed was the day of the week.

This is my biggest issue with current controller support… why anyone would want to control the cursor with a right joystick (in combat… works good for menus, see Grim Dawn controller support) is beyond me… it’s janky, and honestly should be fixed, skills should attack in the direction the character is facing. Seriously the worst idea for controller support I have ever seen/used. I’ve heard a lot of people mentioning how they do not like it either, so I know I’m not the only one that thinks this is super strange.

How on earth are you going to attack multiple enemies quickly when you have to adjust your cursor with a joystick, while also pressing attack buttons. I don’t know about you, but I use the same thumb I use to control the right joystick to press attack buttons… do you use your index finger for attack buttons?