Controller Support Feedback

Hi Sarno. I was more referring to auto aiming, versus using the right analog stick to aim ranged skills. I was wondering if there has been any changes to this, or any plans to change the manually aiming? Or make auto-aiming an option?

1 Like

Hey! You guys gave us a lot of feedback about this matter and we are listening. We’ll be likely tweaking controller aiming but our dev resources are currently being allocated to other systems which are more important or essential to the game so we don’t have an eta as of today.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. Good to hear that the aiming will be tweaked in the future. It’ll be nice to use a controller to sit back and play eventually. :slight_smile:

Yeah that is totally understandable. Thanks for taking the time to give us an update :slight_smile:

Hey

Played LE for 98 hours and do all combat on a controller but use mouse for inventory/skill points etc as its just easier

Controller support needs 3 things mainly -

• auto targetting (already mentioned)

• mouse cursor to disappear when analog/buttons are pushed

• targetting of items on the floor to be able to pickup, or even just items you stand over

Those 3 things will make controller play feel really good. Warpath already feels really good to play. The menu stuff isnt in my opinion necessary compared to those 3 points

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!
Could you please elaborate more about the cursor not disappearing? What platform are you on?
The mouse cursor should be disappearing, leaving space to the controller cursor, so only one of them should be visible at once.

Platform? Steam…PC

When you move the analog stick A cursor stays on screen and even jumps back and forth on its own occasionally, since I don’t play with the mouse anyway they are the same thing to me

I can record a video later I guess but Grim Dawn has good controller support and when you move in GD on a control the cursor vanishes completely

I just put the mouse cursor on my character so it stays centre but EVERYTIME I have to loot something I have to readjust it

please look at the last 10 seconds of this Grim Dawn vid I recorded a long time ago, and you will see how I feel its supposed to work - theres no mouse cursor anywhere until I press the mouse

Hey there,

Is this on Windows, Linux, or macOS? Which controller are you using?

Windows. Xbox controller. Ive played LE for about 100 hours and solely on the controller so I know no different. I play PoE with a controller but use a 3rd party program to ‘async’ the analog in a circle around your character - this doesn’t work in LE as the driver is being consumed by the game.

Im at work, ill make a short video later/screenshot of how I play this game, my main issue though (which stated wont be fixed for a while anyway) is auto targeting/pick up materials

So I just recorded a video of 2 slower monolith runs on how I play currently, this is my Paladin who arguably feels the best to play as Warpath works great on a controller and I use Vengeance and you can see how Lunge works

If you watch the skillbar obviously it will change based on my last input mouse or controller however the mouse cursor never vanishes and I need to loot everything with the mouse, interestingly I set Down on my Dpad to ‘move’ which activates doors/shrine events but will not loot items which has the same option as Left click

I cant play any builds that require any sort of targeting unless I stand right on the monster with the mouse on my character, skills like Fireball, Shield Rush or other movement skills like Leap

im not sure if you want ‘only’ the controller or mouse to work at a single time but functionally its much easier to be able to just switch between them quickly but when the last input is a controller action the mouse needs to vanish…but auto targeting needs to exist

Also picking up mats also done with auto targeting but even adding auto pickup to shards would be a godsend

Thanks for the detailed info, currently the behaviour you are experiencing is the correct one. The cursor you are seeing while playing with the controller is used to aim certain skills with the right controller stick. You can also press it to recenter it quickly. Untill we have some sort of auto targeting and pickup in place that’s the only viable way of playing both melee and non melee builds with a pad.

We’ll be looking at the issue of the player being stuck :+1:t2:

Thanks for the response

I am going to stop playing LE for quite a while, dont really want to play more without some hardware support plus ive done every build type ive wanted to test and PoE’s league is launching in 2 weeks

ill check LE out next year or on release

cheers

Anyone else have an issue with RT not working in the game at all? I know the button isn’t broken because it works in other programs. I’m on Linux Mint 19.2 using a Logitech F710 wireless controller.

Thank you for adding controller support. It’s nice to have both options to choose from in an ARPG. Maybe looking at how some other ARPGs use controller support will help figure out certain setups and being able to map the controller ourselves is a plus.

Hi

I tried out controller support (Xbox Controller) last night and had a really bad time and in the end I gave up not sure if I am doing something wrong but the default setup was using the A Button to move towards the cursor where ever that was on screen. Nothing else worked I tried the settings in option and using the calibration system everything looked good but still did not work. I take it it still being worked on?

1 Like

Any update on full controller support with aim-assist for skills (similar to Grim Dawn/Diablo)? This game looks amazing and I really want to buy it but I can’t use kb/m like I used to due to a wrist/nerve injury. Is this going to happen? Or is it still not a sure thing? Is it being worked on? Or is it on the back-burner with no guarantee it will be attempted?

1 Like

Devs said that they want to implement full controller support, but as I understand it this feature indeed on a back-burner/ready when it’s ready.

Thanks for the reply. I bought the game last night anyway and tried the controller. It’s… manageable but definitely not ideal. The game looks great though so I don’t mind putting money into it to support the team in the hopes that some day I can play it.

2 Likes

Thanks for your support! Our controller functionality is not finished. It’s at a place where it’s, as you say, manageable so it did get pushed back slightly in favor of other more pressing concerns. It has not been forgotten as our Game Director has a similar need for controller support and it has been on our requirements sheet since day 1. I can’t give exact dates for updates to the system but I can say that it will get some love.

2 Likes

This is fantastic to hear. I am happy that it will be worked on. I understand other things take priority. I will keep following the updates, waiting for the day I can dive deep into the game with a controller. Thank you for the reply.

2 Likes