Couple of things out of the way first
- Full game time is on spell blade and trying to make it work with any skill it offers. Flame reave is about the only thing I havne’t put in that much work on, due to a lack of supporting idols.
- Not here to complain about the overall ward nerf, it’s justified
- Can clear all monolith even empowered ones this is more of a “this feel terrible” to play with thread
- Around 2k ward at all time out of combat with 2 piece of conversion gear.
- Damage is pretty bad on bosses, sure you can get it down, but with enough time every boss will fall without regen. The fights are just a dread at this point, it’s not fun nor is it challenging. The highest dmg I can pull out so far is forgoing any kind of defensive move (except teleport), stacking dot damage to high end of around 7k ticks on dummy. This still makes boss fight a slog at best if not outright sleep inducing.
- Mana efficiency of the class is horrible. It turns the whole class into a start/stop play (with focue) that’s very counter productive to melee game play. The travel time to the next pack for a melee class should be their “stop” time, the addition of standing there to channel + travel time makes it extremely clunky. And if we want to go back to mana strike playstyle, then point 1 is even more of an issue.
- Being melee is a lot more punishing than being range in most arpg, but it feels almost doublely so in this game when your dps is this low. some boss leaves homing ground aoe that makes you out of range of discharge’s lightning blast trigger (mana strike spec). Shatterstrike is normally fine but you are playing quite dangerously by hugging and stutter stepping around the homing aoe.
- A million ignite uniques and 0 frostbite ones (For spell blade, we don’t use str, and shatter strike is not a spell).
tl.dr: low diversity and a slog to play. Nerfing ward exposed the horrible damage issue.